What's the definition of INSANITY??? >

What's the definition of INSANITY???

Notices

What's the definition of INSANITY???

Old 01-02-2008, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

No disrespect, but buying that boat is the cheapest part, maintaing it will be the killer. A lot of maintence compared to new ones. At that price it is a steal...
Old 01-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default 45' Apache

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
I have had three deposits over the last year and all three deals fell through. Everybody that actually came to see the boat left a deposit to hold it. People are having a hard time with financing for some reason. I had a new survey done on 12/28/07 and the market value the surveyor gave was $215K with a replacement value at $500K. This is a perfect example of how bad the market is right now!
I've said it before, the boat is one of the coolest Apache's ever built, it is the only 45' factory built Apache, and I've been on it, it is a wave-crusher.

Someone's going to snap it up at some point. With the engine's it has and the #6 drives, the boat is just about priced at the drivetrain cost.

Barry

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 01-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had three deposits over the last year and all three deals fell through. Everybody that actually came to see the boat left a deposit to hold it. People are having a hard time with financing for some reason. I had a new survey done on 12/28/07 and the market value the surveyor gave was $215K with a replacement value at $500K. This is a perfect example of how bad the market is right now!
The mortgage crisis can't be helping your cause...

Hopefully you meet up with someone soon that can write you a check. Good luck with the sale, great looking boat!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

thought you had er sold...that really sucks..that is so much "real boat" for the money..

what about the miami show , should sell there considering people will drop 500k on a potato chip or is it going to ed's?
Old 01-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hot Duck- have you thought of bringing it to the Miami show and showing it for sale? It's a VERY impressive boat. It will definately get alot of attention.

See if you can "squeeze" in some builders dockspace and have it in the water. (I realize I use the word "squeeze" very lightly since it is a Huge machine )
Old 01-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HOT DUCK nice boat & rig good luck ,hope the market turns around real quick
Old 01-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a new survey done on 12/28/07 and the market value the surveyor gave was $215K with a replacement value at $500K. This is a perfect example of how bad the market is right now!

The market on that boat is pretty much irrelevant, as with most redone older boats. The people that are spending $150k are buying new Baja's or similar with 525's, full factory warranty's, and financing them for 20 years in many cases. If some of these folks so much as dinged a #6 prop, much less had a major failure on your boat, the boat would likely sit. The remaining people with real cash can afford a newer boat of similar size.

The boat is hot! Someone wants it and will buy it.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by open72
what about the miami show , should sell there considering people will drop 500k on a potato chip

Good idea, but how do I get it in there now?
Old 01-05-2008, 06:22 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

i'd call the OSO president. if anyone can make something happen-it would be steve
Old 01-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 886 Likes on 481 Posts

Good idea, but how do I get it in there now?
You probably can't since there are manufacturers that have trouble getting space in that show. You could have a chance with a broker who has in water space reserved already.

Being how rare that boat is I would think anyone in the market would know the market and realize that it is a turn key package for 150K whereas some people think a 47 hull is worth 125K. I also think the towability might be an issue for most.

Quick Reply: What's the definition of INSANITY???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.