If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The 293/292 series was a nice riding boat, the twin 350's are nice, what little dark color gel-coat is on this one is faded, and will continue to fade, its going to need oil change, drive svc, impellars just to start, probably tune ups too. wet sand and buff since its been sitting outside.....

ABOS rates this boat pretty strong, 50,400, 43,900, and 38,700 retail, high and low wholesale with T-250hp motors, not 280 like this one. Hours are decent, as long as everything works its probably worth 33-34 tops. Most banks will loan around 35 based on book. JMO

JC Performance Engines Gold Member Stormrider's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2003 28 Pantera
    Long Island, NY
    Guys, thanks for all the responses.
    Photos are what you can see. Just takes a bit o'photoshop to whiten anything up.
    Boats been for sale for sometime. Well over a year.
    Engines have been winterized/fogged 2yrs ago. no use since.
    If this is what my bud wants, it's worth the 3hr drive to go look at it. With the time its been out there for sale, i'd say pricing is negotiable.
    Boat was used for 6-7yrs at Lake George. 2nd owner boat. out of boating. This will not be financed. Private/brokered boat, not a dealer boat. I'd say that you are not far from a decent starting point mark, and could move upward towards [email protected]'s number. I think we're close enough.
    Thanks again...
    With great power, comes great responsibility.

My Boats:
    sold the 382 now it's a 2000 260 ss
    I think sellers base their price on NADA and what other folks are asking for similar boats. Which tend to make asking prices high.

Follow your boat on Boat Trader, Used etc. to see approximatly what they actually sell for. I have called sellers to ask. Wait for the boat to show up on Ebay. If it's any good it will not make the reserve. Ebay is a pretty good place to establish at least a wholesale value, but I would not list my boat there because the prices are low. My boat showed up on Ebay. I made sure I was the high bidder but was still only 60% of the asking price which did not reach the reserve. That became the floor for negotiating. I had been following 382's for a little over a year so I had a pretty good idea of what I should pay. We came to a deal which was a little more than I thought I would have to pay if I waited. But the boat was mint and loaded so I figured I would shoot myself if I last it for a few thousand.

Good luck

My Boats:
    24' Pantera
    Apache Jct. AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    I should have known when you asked about colored coordinated fenders and whether it had a "normal potty."
    At least I knew they were fenders and not "bumpers".
    Gotta admit, I was shocked when you said it had some sort of flushing potty.
    I was just wondering if it came with the empty laundry detergent jug or if I needed the wife to save the next one so we had one for the boat. Your idea of normal for a boat and mine were a little different.

My Boats:
    2002 Donzi 39 ZSC 500 EFI's
    montauk new york. usa
    If they accept your first offer than you went to high ,I'd rather have a no way on my first offer than an ok,you can always go higher on the next offer ,if you offer too high the first time then you spend too much time looking for stuff to complain about to get the price lowered.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123