Old 12-20-2007, 07:50 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Time is running out for Christmas gifts/Stocking stuffer DVD's

Big Seas DVD's

1. The Legend of Apache

Includes exclusive Video Highlights of all of Apache's greatest racing exploits, including the "Magic Throttle arm of Bob Saccenti". All video footage is by NNRT , The video team that taught the others how it's done. Racing action from 1981 through 1992 showing all the great Apache exploits from the very first Squadron XII Apache of Jerry Kilpatrick, through Ben Kramer's various "Warpaths" and ending with the timeless, custom "Apache Heritage". See exclusive interviews with Ben Kramer, Bob Saccenti, Sal Magluta, Kilpatrick, Bob Gallo, Lorne Leibel, Bob Idoni, David Street, Mark McManus and others who made the "Legend" come to life.

2. Cats Conquer Offshore

Exclusive NNRT footage from 1978 through 1983 showing the revolution that swept Offshore racing worldwide and led the top teams from single hulls to multis. Footage from the Open, Super and Production classes showing the teams and designers that led the charge. See racing footage and interviews with Popeyes, George Morales, Bill Sirois, Rocky Aoki, Bob Magoon, Preston Henn and many others. This DVD covers the entire story from the early, fragile cats to the unstoppable four engine Super boats that changed the face of Offshore racing forever.

3. 1984 Key West World Championships/1992 Cocoa Beach

This two race package is a sampler of vintage NNRT action videos. Covering two of the greatest events of the "glory days of offshore", these races give the viewer a clear picture of the excitement, fleet size, and racing action that represented the most successful days in racing history. These videos take you back to true competition and the drama of big fleets of closely matched racing at its best.

4. Cougar-The British Invasion

Exclusive NNRT footage spanning the years from 1978-1992 when Cougar was the most successful marque in worldwide offshore racing. See the development of these wonderful English hulls from the stables of James Beard and Clive Curtis. watch the hulls evolve from the early wooden versions to Aluminum, fibreglass and composite variants. Meet the great teams that drove these beautiful racing thoroughbreds to vistory: Seahawk (Sal Magluta and the Falcon brothers, Bob Kaiser, Michel Meynard, Paul Clauser, Joe Rodriguez, Elliot Sutton, Al Copeland, George Morales, and Of course multi time World Champion Superstar, Steve Curtis, the son of Cougar's founder.

5. Linder/ Luhrs- The Partnership that changed the game

10 years of action packed NNRT video tracing the exploits of two lifelong racing partners, George Linder and "T2x", who represented the best of US design and ingenuity while helping to pave the way for America's later dominance in Cat design. Starting with the early days of Linder's iconic Challenger 21 hull, the DVD covers the startling arrival of the Shadow cat on the world racing scene and its role as the first multihull to outperform vees in both rough seas and calm. See racing legend Willie Diaz turn the entire racing world on its ear with the small block powered "EL Boss". Follow the years of championships won by "Black Duck", the most successful hull in offshore history. Watch "Luv-it" tear through the modified fleet. watch The Shadows evolve into the Chris Cats which dominated racing as no other hull had before. See the legendary Jesse James hulls as Linder and Luhrs developed the revolutionary Conquest hulls (in collaboration with Master boat builder , Ken Adams) marrying Wood and Fibreglass composite techniques unlike any construction technique that came before. You'll be amazed by the outboard tunnel boat motors that propelled the Conquest, "Rolling Thunder", past the fastest inboards of the time. Finally, watch footage of the 48 foot four engined Jesse James, built by the Lavin Family as a tribute to Mark, which became the basis for all of todays Lavin Foundation Safety standards.

NNRT footage was very different from the competition. It was not taken "with a stopwatch" and covers the racing rather than a parade of boats. It was the most sought after racing footage of the time and appeared on all of the major Telecasts of the day. It was announced by Rich Luhrs (me) on a "live to tape" basis from the helicopter and our new collections have been overdubbed and updated to offer historical perspective. All of the collection DVD's were edited by Darren Luhrs from Phil Lewis' wonderful original NNRT footage.

These DVD's make great stocking stuffers for the performance boater who has everything. We believe they are a great value and have lasting significance.

Get your DVD's at :
http://www.historicraceboats.com/miscellaneous.htm

Happy Holidays

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 12-20-2007 at 08:11 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 270 Likes on 95 Posts

actually i think the set is going to be my present to me, I dont wanna spoil the surprise though
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 12-21-2007, 02:13 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

tttt
Old 12-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm with Dave. I just sent myself a nice Xmas prezzy
Old 01-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts
Linder/Luhrs

I just watched it. Great tape, but can someone fill me in on who did what?

I know that George was the designer, and that the boats were built by Ken Adams in S.C., so what was Rich's role?

Mouth piece and money counter?

And isn't it time to put out "The History of Skater?"
Old 01-04-2008, 12:19 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ApachePete
I just watched it. Great tape, but can someone fill me in on who did what?

I know that George was the designer, and that the boats were built by Ken Adams in S.C., so what was Rich's role?

Mouth piece and money counter?

And isn't it time to put out "The History of Skater?"
Rich baby sat the other two............
Old 01-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by T2x
Rich baby sat the other two............
So what you actually did is a secret?

Or maybe the Statute of Limitations hasn't run out?

Or you're sworn to secrecy?

Come on: spill it! The truth shall set you free.

And how does it feel to refer to yourself in the 3rd party? I found it a bit "odd" on the DVD, (but can't think of a better way to do it).

And what about the Skater Story?
Old 01-04-2008, 02:41 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

So what you actually did is a secret?

Or maybe the Statute of Limitations hasn't run out?

Or you're sworn to secrecy?

Come on: spill it! The truth shall set you free.

And how does it feel to refer to yourself in the 3rd party? I found it a bit "odd" on the DVD, (but can't think of a better way to do it).

And what about the Skater Story?
I'm sworn to secrecy....... or should I say that Rich is sworn to secrecy (in the 3rd party)

Skater DVD needs a few additions. Look for it in about 6 weeks or so.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Skater DVD in 6 weeks!

How cool is that. I didn't even know Darren was working on it.

Will you get a 3rd party narrator again?
Old 01-04-2008, 03:47 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Skater DVD in 6 weeks!

How cool is that. I didn't even know Darren was working on it.

Will you get a 3rd party narrator again?
Yessir...I was thinking of Peter Hledin....

T2x

Quick Reply: Time is running out for Christmas gifts/Stocking stuffer DVD's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.