Notices

Eddie Marine Exhaust?

Old 06-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ubet28
I am thinking about get a set of emi's i am adding a blower and was wondering if these would be a good candidate for the pro charger. Also do they sound good and loud. If some suggest another exhaust feel free to let me know as money really isn't an issue i just want something that is worth the money you spend and not to pay for the name . any help would be great thanks jeramy
Dana makes a very nice manifold. I run them on by blower motors.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Dana makes a very nice manifold. I run them on by blower motors.
EMI's are cheaper though.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
EMI's are cheaper though.
cheap ain't good & good ain't cheap.
cmi or stellings are the best for headders & eikerts & danas are the best when it comes to manifolds.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 2 pairs of EMI's on my Formula 292. I Have been running them since last August and absolutely no problems! The biggest difference over stock was the loss in weight. Probably about 100lbs. loss in weight per motor! I had them powdercoated yellow to match the boat with S/S risers. They do turn many heads when engine hatch is open.

The Formula 292 can only be maxed out with twin Merc. 377's from the factory, so the EMI's do not generate alot of additional performance on the small block application versus the big block. I Maybe picked 8-10 HP per motor, if that much. Again, the biggest difference was the loss in weight, thus making the boat plane faster and better. Awesome fit/finish and would purchase them again for small block applications. If I was buying for big block applications, I would buy Dana Marine's.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at Stainless Marine.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by formula 382 sr-1
Take a look at Stainless Marine.
Why? To see an example of what NOT to buy.

Manifolds are like the Ford vs. Chevy thing. Everyone has their opinion.
I prefer Danas. They look better to me.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Registered

cheap ain't good & good ain't cheap.
cmi or stellings are the best for headders & eikerts & danas are the best when it comes to manifolds.
I have to say that bang for the buck I think the EMI system is a good value. I just bought a set through Elite Marine for a HP500 motor that I purchased with no exhaust and dropped in my boat. The EMI kit was easy to install and the finish is excellent. Although I would have to say JS is right, the Danas are one of the best manifolds out there and they look cool to boot, but you will spend about $500 over the EMI price tag.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Registered

EMI manifolds list at $990 a pair for the manifolds (black)
Risers are $320 a pair for silent choice applications in black.
$1310 for black & add another $140 for polishing.
Danas are $1100 for the pair of manifolds & $495 for the risers (silent chioce applications) & come polished or powdercoated in a variety of colors. $1595
If you were going to buy the EMI's I would opt for the better risers. That setup is $1870.
Danas are less expensive, look better & out perform all other manifolds out there, as a matter of opinion on everything but price.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:38 AM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 35 Posts

Hey thanks for the quick responses which one sounds better. Also where is the best place to purchase a set of dana and emi cost wise?
Old 06-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Registered

EMI manifolds list at $990 a pair for the manifolds (black)
Risers are $320 a pair for silent choice applications in black.
$1310 for black & add another $140 for polishing.
Danas are $1100 for the pair of manifolds & $495 for the risers (silent chioce applications) & come polished or powdercoated in a variety of colors. $1595
If you were going to buy the EMI's I would opt for the better risers. That setup is $1870.
Danas are less expensive, look better & out perform all other manifolds out there, as a matter of opinion on everything but price.
I was going straight off the Dana website. Manifolds are $1100/pair and the Vortex V risers with 3.5" ID run $1125/pr, but they are polished and look KickAss. I bought the EMI with their stainless 3.5" ID risers and I paid around $1800. I would like to hear those Dana's compared to the EMI. Are you running at LOTO at all this summer? I talked with your buddy Ben the motorman about building the 502 EFI that I just pulled out of my Outlaw and would be interested to hear the difference between the EMI and Dana for when I repower.

Last edited by bghert; 06-11-2008 at 11:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Eddie Marine Exhaust?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.