Buying a Item from the OSO classifieds

Notices

Buying a Item from the OSO classifieds

Old 01-13-2008, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Buying a Item from the OSO classifieds

Hi all,
Thinking about buying something through the OSO classifiesds anyone have any experience with this? Is it safe and what forms of payment are generaly used?? Thanks for any input!
Old 01-13-2008, 08:16 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have bought a lot through there. Anything from small parts to motors. I did get burned on a pair of motors but the guy eventually made good on the deal. I got a motor from Tank on the board and it was better then advertised. You just got to feel it out.

Jon
Old 01-13-2008, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mattd7
Hi all,
Thinking about buying something through the OSO classifiesds anyone have any experience with this? Is it safe and what forms of payment are generaly used?? Thanks for any input!
I wouldn't trust any of those OSO Guys!!! But that's just me, I'm over cautious!!
Old 01-13-2008, 10:47 AM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have bought and sold boats and parts to and from all over the country. You just have to feel it out. If it is a major purchase you need to go look at it or have another OSO board member go lay eyes on it.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I wouldn't trust any of those OSO Guys!!! But that's just me, I'm over cautious!!
Don' buy from BigScotty, HyperBaja, or TRICK/Too Old.

And Gino - over Cautious??
Bad luck just seems to follow you - although we haven't had a good story lately. Not wishing you any bad luck, but the stories are usually pretty funny.

edit OK, I just found the 8'6" thread. Ouch!

Last edited by bouyhunter; 01-13-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i bought a scarab panther in classifieds....great experience...
Old 01-13-2008, 12:12 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

It depends on what you are buying, as usual. I usually try to setup a personal relationship with the PERSON I am dealing with. If I can't get a comfort level that I like, I won't proceed. More than 1/2 of the OSO classifieds are just privateer guys; and the rest are business advertising their wares. If you are dealing with a privateer, unless they own a business or have access to a CC machine, you are probably going to have to deal with check, money order, or PayPal. Just about all of the businesses that advertise on OSO can take credit cards; at least Visa/MC and some do Amex.

I have bought and sold many items & boats through the OSO classifieds, and I have never had a bad experience. But like I said; I do my homework and like to make a friend out of each deal--buying or selling.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I've bought and sold many things on OSO. It depnds on who the seller is and the amount of the item you are buying as to payment. I've sold smaller stuff with paypal and checks. I've bought with credit cards and paypal. I have also bought 2 boats out of the OSO classifieds and sold one.

Post the ad link.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Thnaks for all the feedback guys greatly appreciated!
Old 01-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had very good luck here. I have bought parts with no issues. I just bought a great boat from a dealer here and even got help from Mr. OSO Steve. He helped find someone local find me a great Condo in Fort Lauderdale. I don't post much but take in a great deal from here.
Rich

Quick Reply: Buying a Item from the OSO classifieds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.