Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
317 mph Commemorative Model >

317 mph Commemorative Model

Notices

317 mph Commemorative Model

Old 01-28-2002, 09:18 PM
Dave Warby

Post 317 mph Commemorative Model

After many years of requests by both model making companies and collectors, we have decided to release a "Limited Edition" model of the world's Fastest boat, Spirit of Australia.
For details,
http://www.users.bigpond.com/djwarby/

Regards
Dave Warby
Austraila

Old 01-28-2002, 09:27 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I KNEW I RECOGNIZED THAT NAME!!!!!!!!!

Welcome aboard!!! A good luck on the next atempt!!!
Old 01-28-2002, 09:44 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i checked otu the site and read about the sponsorship oportunities. How abotu getting an OSO sticker on the soon to be fastest boat in the world???
Old 01-28-2002, 09:51 PM
Dave Warby

Thumbs up

G'day
Thank's for the welcome!!, Send me a sticker!!, Our site is beening up dated and will be up and running soon, Hopefully will see some speed and the end of this year.

Regards
DaveWarby

Old 01-28-2002, 10:34 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Cool

Hey Dave Warby.....if ya need help interpreting Puder's rambling just ask we will interpret for you....
Old 01-28-2002, 10:41 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good luck
welcome aboard
mike
Old 01-28-2002, 10:47 PM
HydroScream

Mr. Warby,
You are a true legend!!
WOW, a model of the Spirit of Australia!! COOL!!
Good luck on your next attempt and be safe

great idea about the oso sticker guys

Old 01-28-2002, 11:15 PM
Dave Warby

G'day guys
My father (Ken) holds the current WWSR of 317 mph, not me.........yet, I'm looking forward to driving the new jetboat and working together with my dad to increase the WWSR beyond 317mph.......it will be a dream come ture!!
Regards
Dave Warby

Old 01-28-2002, 11:27 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Please keep us posted as you progress in your quest for speed. We are probably the most dedicated group of speed freaks and adrenaline junkies on the internet. Please send us a fix from time to time.

Please tell us a little about the new project, where you stand now and when you hope to run, where, what speeds are anticipated... you can elaborate from there if you would.

We are looking foward to seeing you smash the record and live to tell us about it.

Welcome!
Old 01-29-2002, 12:00 AM
Dave Warby

Cool

Thanks for the welcome!.

Where we stand now?, The boat is 100% finished and ready to run, it's in dad's workshop in Ohio( this one wasn't built under a tree like Spirit of Australia), When Dad ran Spirit of Australia to his second WWSR in 1978, he came out of the kilo at 345 mph and got an average of 317.60 mph, In 1980 he took the boat out with an Afterburner on it and ran a one way pass of 402 mph . Alot was learnt of the Spirit of Austraila episode. This new boat is a flawless Spirit of Australia as far as we are concerned, anything dad could of dreamed of is in the new boat. With the refined design and an afterburner on the boat WILL run 400+, but as with the first boat , we will slowly work the boat up to speed.
When would we like to run? Oct-Nov this year, in Australia, at Blowering Dam. What we need is a sponsor! thats our hold up, Sponsorship is hard anywhere, but we will be doing what we can to get the record this year.

Regards
Dave Warby

Quick Reply: 317 mph Commemorative Model

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.