Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Gas prices (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/177164-gas-prices.html)

Mirage 36 01-10-2008 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by NKissau (Post 2401395)
About the only good thing about trailering everywhere. Get to fill up with the "cheap" gas.

That and impressing the crowds at the local "cheap" pump while you're still shelling out the washingtons by the fist full.

Quinlan 01-10-2008 05:40 PM

I was filing up last summer and as always someone asked how much it hold. I said 150 gal he said $150 and was ****tn his pants. I just left it at that.

CAP071 01-10-2008 05:54 PM

NO boat NO truck. I saved enough $$ to go buy a boat :p

seltzer 01-10-2008 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2401391)
My 44 gallon Excursion fill-ups are over $150. And I have two of them!

I'm hopeful on gas prices this season. It's an election year and the party in office can't afford $4 unleaded at the corner station.

I HAD 2 excursions til today. sold the gas pig, kept the 6.0.

jafo 01-10-2008 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by seltzer (Post 2401525)
I HAD 2 excursions til today. sold the gas pig, kept the 6.0.

I parked the Excursion in the corner of the shop for the winter. It sucks when it costs nearly $50 just to fill the TDI. Our plans for buying another offshore are definitely on hold as well- as much as we've loved the sport, we're getting pretty close to sticking a fork in it.:(

bgchuby01 01-10-2008 09:26 PM

Ok, so when someone needs their boat moved I hope that no one will complain of the price due to the fuel

ROB FREEMAN 01-10-2008 09:58 PM

well i fiqure it this way , 1 day a week will now go to playing and gas for the boat , that still leaves 4 or more to pay for the rest of the ****ier things in life , ill have to just play harder one day instead of playing cashual for two :cool-smiley-027: the jl equipment will be playing much more this year , bring it !! oh yea its winter im going back to the iggloo :hitfan:

Chris Sunkin 01-10-2008 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by bgchuby01 (Post 2401832)
Ok, so when someone needs their boat moved I hope that no one will complain of the price due to the fuel

I posted about this last week. I spend quite a few bucks a month on truckload freight. In 2.5 years, fuel prices are up about a buck fifty a gallon but in that same time my rates are up by a buck a mile. If you're getting 8mpg, cost increases should only be 19 cents a mile, based on that $1,50 fuel increase.

The freight brokers keep telling me it's all fuel cost. My calculator says different.

Rippem 01-10-2008 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2401989)
I posted about this last week. I spend quite a few bucks a month on truckload freight. In 2.5 years, fuel prices are up about a buck fifty a gallon but in that same time my rates are up by a buck a mile. If you're getting 8mpg, cost increases should only be 19 cents a mile, based on that $1,50 fuel increase.

The freight brokers keep telling me it's all fuel cost. My calculator says different.

UPS $13 to ship a 4 lb., $30 value 8x8x14" box to eastern Mi. from NY today...

more "oppurtunists" taking advantage of the current "climate" and the fact that as a whole we're too fokking lazy in this country to ask questions, or better yet...

demand aswers! Answers that make sense!

we just take our fisting lying down as usual...

glassdave 01-11-2008 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by oklaoutlaw (Post 2401505)
I was filing up last summer and as always someone asked how much it hold. I said 150 gal he said $150 and was ****tn his pants. I just left it at that.

I fill up the Donzi at the same gas station all the time (cuz its the only one i can get into) an the same kid was there all last summer. He would have to re-set my card like three times for one fill up. One time, as it ticked past seven hundred, the thought occured to me. . . . . if this was a gas bill for my house or some other kinda utility I'd be pissesd :D . . . . .