Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
A new 30' for about $35k...Who's interested? >

A new 30' for about $35k...Who's interested?

Notices

A new 30' for about $35k...Who's interested?

Old 01-13-2002, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post A new 30' for about $35k...Who's interested?

OK. I know a lot of folks on this site have expensive go fasts. Part of this sport is about flash. But the bottom line is also about speed and durability. For example, one could easily spend $300k on a 35 ft. go fast that reaches speeds of 80 mph. Like wise, we could also find the same for about half the price. The difference? It might be the interior, the number and quality of the engines, drives, etc. It might be the quality of the hull. My question is this: if you knew that you could get a bare bones, solid 30' hull with a 496 HO, it could reach 70-75 mph, and all the basics like steering and guages, minus the paint job, sink, stereo and gingerbread, and if you could get it new for around $35-40k (no trailer), would you consider this, whether it was a primary boat or even a second boat? In other words, let's say that this boat were the common denominator among all go fast enthusiasts. If there really were a "one class" with these specs, imagine how fun it would be when you saw someone out in the water. Granted, you could paint the boat the way you wanted and individualize it in the looks department, but how willing would you be to buy this boat?
Old 01-13-2002, 07:45 PM
Registered

personaly i would like to buy a boat just outta the mold... Rig the boat and engines, do my own paint.. all my own personal touches. So down the road I can look at it and say " it did that"
Old 01-13-2002, 08:08 PM
Registered

i'm trying to take a poll.
Old 01-13-2002, 08:13 PM
Registered

for your poll.. Yes i would buy it

i didn't want to corrupt this post so i am editing this one...

PACKINAir>. your damn right.. what do you think they have loans for LOL!!! if your broke it doesn't mean you can't have what ya want

[ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: traviss ]
Old 01-13-2002, 08:15 PM
packinair

Travis: you are so broke you can't hardly pay attention let alone buy a new boat

Old 01-13-2002, 08:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'll take two
Old 01-13-2002, 08:30 PM
NICKSLICK

Id really want one...

Its like this. I spent 25k for a VERY OLD boat, that is everything I wanted... nice, good looking, and lots o power, but its been a maintenance nightmare.

I use it for diving for god sake...

A bare bones boat, hell even a center console version would be frickin awesome. alot of fisherman out there would love it too...

can you make a center console version with INBOARD OUTBOARD?

Old 01-13-2002, 09:04 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts
If it were true, YES. I'd really like to know what 30' hull with a 496HO will run 70-75mph.

Is this hypothetical or do you maybe have something lined up?? I'd want those speed #'s verified with a GPS in my own hand.
Old 01-13-2002, 09:26 PM
Registered

Yes, there is a boat that will go 74 on a gps with a 496 HO. I'm not speaking on behalf of that manufacturer. I'm a go fast enthusiast, I'm 30, I've had a few boats before, I am in business school in New York (lost my job after Sept 11) thinking, "what is it I really want to do? Because, working your ass off and losing your job to circumstances beyond your control is not worth it if you didn't love what you did in the first place. I'm trying to figure out what's in our heads and how I might be able to market a boat like the one I mentioned above. I'm trying to find the common thread in all of our heads, if there is one. Maybe it's not a price point. Any suggestions you guys have would be great. I want to contribute to what I love.
Old 01-13-2002, 09:43 PM
RON

I don't belive it is possible to build a boat that is 30' long ,and install a 496 HO with a Bravo Drive, and charge $35,000 for it ,and make a profit!!!

Quick Reply: A new 30' for about $35k...Who's interested?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.