Notices

Mercruiser Bashing

Old 01-29-2002, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Mercruiser Bashing

Anyone have any pointers for bashing Mercruiser or getting them to jump on an issue to get it resolved ASAP?
Old 01-29-2002, 08:49 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Nope
Old 01-29-2002, 09:06 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
State Consumer Affairs Board (or whatever) of Wisconsin?

If they were smart, bashing them on OSO should get their attention...
Old 01-29-2002, 09:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

What's the problem? pq should handle it
Old 01-29-2002, 09:20 PM
Registered

What is the matter, maybe it can be resolved in a proper manner, I think I can help, Marc
Old 01-29-2002, 09:35 PM
GOT MERC?

Wink

Need to know the problem so maybe we can fix it with Mercruiser. You get more with sugar than you do with salt. If it is a legitimate gripe Ill go to bat for YA!
Old 01-29-2002, 09:42 PM
Registered

Thanks to all for your posts. Anything that anyone can do or advice that they can give to help me would greatly be appreciated.

Please read my other post that details all of the engine issues: http://207.55.218.179/cgidir/ubbcgi/...c&f=3&t=003399

(listed under Tech Q&A as Merc 496 HO - trouble with new technology)

Thanks
Old 01-29-2002, 09:57 PM
GOT MERC?

Wink

I read you long winded story.First off it is the boat manufactures duty and the delivering dealers duty to sea trial the boat even before you step one foot in it. You would have saved yourself alot of embarrasment and stress if they would have done there job correctly. Which by the way has nothing to do with the BIG DOG. How many 496 engines have the technitians worked on before working on your problem I guess not many becaues they did not have the right test equipment. It takes time for the technitians in the field to learn the troubleshooting techniques on new product and it sounds like yours was the first lesson. Sorry Can't go to bat for Ya on this one.
Old 01-29-2002, 10:30 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
What goodfella is saying in his long winded reply is pull those engines out and put some carb motors in there with TRS drives. Right Goodfella

Seriously if I ever treated my customers like that I would not assume to be in business long. I have a projector with a defective chip in it. Well two days later I am still trying to find a solution for the customer so that he can watch that Pats game on Sunday. Guess were I will be if I have to set up the projector for him to watch the game on Sunday. That is the way it is sapposed to be. I do not feel bad for you that you are having the problems that is part of dealing with these hugely complicated machines. However to spend all that money and have the dealer and PQ blow you off.... Well that makes me feel bad for you. Sorry man hope you get it all straitened out, but like Goodfella said you have to get that thing to a certified Merc guy that KNOWS those engines and have him go through them both.

Jon
Old 01-29-2002, 10:30 PM
Registered

Goodfella

What would it take to get someone to "go to bat for me"?

Quick Reply: Mercruiser Bashing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.