Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   2004 Mti (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/177444-2004-mti.html)

Racerngr1 07-07-2008 01:21 AM

That boat is at Inland Boat center in Perris, CA.

www.inlandboatcenter.com

Ted G 07-07-2008 07:20 AM

No, they just haven't removed the listing, my buddy bought it from them and it was delivered Thursday. BTW, the guys at Inland were great, up front, and went out of their way to make this deal happen. Kudos to them.

millinium 07-07-2008 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by insptech (Post 2613893)
The boat runs really well with the rudder and BPMS. Turns on a dime, seriously. You need to drive the sticks around the dock, but it will just take time to get the hang of it. It runs like it's on rails and the BPM drive make it plane flat and fast. All in all it is a great pleasure setup.

You the driver or a deckhand? how did it handle in high speed turns? Can you cruise slow or is it just a high speed machine.

Ted G 07-07-2008 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by millinium (Post 2614094)
You the driver or a deckhand? how did it handle in high speed turns? Can you cruise slow or is it just a high speed machine.

Just an interested passenger/rope monkey. It will literally throw you from the seats it turns so hard and flat at speed. The rudder setup does not work well at 40-50, the sponsons will bow steer until it packs air, which makes it oversteer and requires correction. At 60 or so it starts to lift the bow and then it drives like any other boat, just really fast and smooth.

millinium 07-07-2008 09:05 AM

so what speed is cruise?

Ted G 07-07-2008 09:12 AM

37SR 07-07-2008 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by insptech (Post 2614018)
No, they just haven't removed the listing, my buddy bought it from them and it was delivered Thursday. BTW, the guys at Inland were great, up front, and went out of their way to make this deal happen. Kudos to them.

I thought that was the boat I saw heading East on I-40 last Wednesday night towards Little Rock on my way to Grand Lake. Hard to get a pic at dusk passing each other at 75mph in the opposite direction!

millinium 07-07-2008 10:09 AM

where do you cruise around at 100? Ever hang at dobbins? would be cool to check it out. How much did the boat go for? Looks like it ranged from 300-450k

Ted G 07-07-2008 10:19 AM

We ran from South River to Red Eyes and went from 80-100 the whole way. Marty (owner) is not a big raft up kinda guy but we come up there a fair amount with CBPBA members on our boat. And of course Bumper Bash is in a couple of weeks. Marty runs his boats about 100 hours a year so I'm sure you'll see it around. The deal involved a trade also so it was in the low 300's, but a pretty good number on the trade. As I said Inland was pretty good to work with.

For 37SR- they did a coast to coast relay with 2 boats, with a hand off in Memphis. That sum***** looks HUGE on the trailer. :D

GLH 07-07-2008 12:43 PM

I saw this boat when Tres Martin had it for sale in FL in the winter 0f 07.

It is a sweet ride. I would not have any issues with the drive and rudder either. If you loose a motor your going to come home on idle most of the time anyway.