Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   chesapeake bay area oso'ers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/177449-chesapeake-bay-area-osoers.html)

Spicy 01-16-2008 12:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The former OSO 38 Powerplay in Downtown Annapolis known by the locals as "Ego Alley"..... there is a bar downtown named after it as well.... Plenty of watering holes in Annapolis..

Baltimore at the North Poker Run stop with the CBPBA, plenty of parking...

Cambridge Hyatt Spa, Golf and Marina in my 400SS, great relaxing resort, home of the Powerboat races last week of September..

266ltd 01-16-2008 06:51 PM

i like to do a little of it all, raft up part of the day and then tie up a at a good bar/resturant and drinking will be a must. it really looks now like we should be there june 4-11 so i hope to be able to met some chesapeake bay osoer's. and pos. tag along with some locals

PJDiesel 01-16-2008 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by 266ltd (Post 2409151)
i like to do a little of it all, raft up part of the day and then tie up a at a good bar/resturant and drinking will be a must. it really looks now like we should be there june 4-11 so i hope to be able to met some chesapeake bay osoer's. and pos. tag along with some locals

This is pretty much what we did almost every Sunday in August.

Raft up out on the Sassafras or Lloyds creek, about 2-3 PM head to either the Granary or shoot up to the Chesapeake Inn for some drinks and grub.
Good times, good times. :cool-smiley-011:

creeper 01-17-2008 08:44 AM

Chesapeake City Inn is a must,But keep in mind if you want a good slip,with electric,or even just get a spot you should make reservations that place gets packed......I have already had to call 2 weeks ahead to stay overnight....

Ted G 01-17-2008 02:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
God I love the fact that I have either been at the place or participated in the event in every one of those photos up there. It doesn't suck to live around here :D

My favorite view of the Hyatt-note the cool lawn ornaments out front :evilb:

R Addiction 02-24-2008 07:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
You can't go wrong staying at Red Eyes, Annapolis, Jellyfish Joels (Great Oak).....etc. etc. Lloyds is a great place to raft up.....I have some pictures....Jellfish Joels, Jellyfish Joels Tiki Bar, Red Eyes bar....early in the morning

creeper 02-25-2008 08:33 AM

[QUOTE=R Addiction;2458344]You can't go wrong staying at Red Eyes, Annapolis, Jellyfish Joels (Great Oak).....etc. etc. Lloyds is a great place to raft up.....I have some pictures....Jellfish Joels, Jellyfish Joels Tiki Bar, Red Eyes bar....early in the morning[/QUOTE

Did you know that R'Addiction...John is the mayor of Lloyds Creek.......:p.......;)....:D:D

R Addiction 02-25-2008 08:52 AM

Lloyds Creek....

R Addiction 02-25-2008 08:55 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Whoops....

knockld 02-25-2008 09:18 AM

Looks like the Navy is going to move me up to the Norfolk Area this winter. Will be XO on a new construction Sub in Newport News. Heard that area is pretty rough. Couple of questions for the locals.

1. How are the water cops on noise. I have dry exhaust on my boat and it is very loud. Should I be looking at adding mufflers before hitting the water in VA?

2. Where should I look to live. Want to be relatively close to work (25-30 miles maxish) <1 hour commute with traffic. Will probably rent for awhile 3000/month max. I have a 9 year old daughter and would like to live in a nice neighborhood where we don't have to worry about her riding her bike around with friends. Also want a neighborhood that doesn't get all bent out of shape if the boat is stored around the side of the house or something or has storage. Closer to the ramp the better as well. Would love three car garage.

Lots of questions but any help would be appreciated. Also saw how high Ches area was rated in PB mag. If you have any hook ups in the realty world that I should talk to send them to [email protected] as these threads role so fast.

Thanks again.

Larry