Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
chesapeake bay area oso'ers >

chesapeake bay area oso'ers

Notices

chesapeake bay area oso'ers

Old 01-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The former OSO 38 Powerplay in Downtown Annapolis known by the locals as "Ego Alley"..... there is a bar downtown named after it as well.... Plenty of watering holes in Annapolis..

Baltimore at the North Poker Run stop with the CBPBA, plenty of parking...

Cambridge Hyatt Spa, Golf and Marina in my 400SS, great relaxing resort, home of the Powerboat races last week of September..
Attached Thumbnails chesapeake bay area oso'ers-dsc00080-1.jpg   chesapeake bay area oso'ers-287dsc02547.jpg   chesapeake bay area oso'ers-misc-07-064.jpg  

Old 01-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like to do a little of it all, raft up part of the day and then tie up a at a good bar/resturant and drinking will be a must. it really looks now like we should be there june 4-11 so i hope to be able to met some chesapeake bay osoer's. and pos. tag along with some locals
Old 01-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 266ltd
i like to do a little of it all, raft up part of the day and then tie up a at a good bar/resturant and drinking will be a must. it really looks now like we should be there june 4-11 so i hope to be able to met some chesapeake bay osoer's. and pos. tag along with some locals
This is pretty much what we did almost every Sunday in August.

Raft up out on the Sassafras or Lloyds creek, about 2-3 PM head to either the Granary or shoot up to the Chesapeake Inn for some drinks and grub.
Good times, good times.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Registered

Chesapeake City Inn is a must,But keep in mind if you want a good slip,with electric,or even just get a spot you should make reservations that place gets packed......I have already had to call 2 weeks ahead to stay overnight....
Old 01-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God I love the fact that I have either been at the place or participated in the event in every one of those photos up there. It doesn't suck to live around here

My favorite view of the Hyatt-note the cool lawn ornaments out front
Attached Thumbnails chesapeake bay area oso'ers-hyatt.jpg  
Old 02-24-2008, 07:25 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

You can't go wrong staying at Red Eyes, Annapolis, Jellyfish Joels (Great Oak).....etc. etc. Lloyds is a great place to raft up.....I have some pictures....Jellfish Joels, Jellyfish Joels Tiki Bar, Red Eyes bar....early in the morning
Attached Thumbnails chesapeake bay area oso'ers-jellyfish-joels.jpg   chesapeake bay area oso'ers-boats-034.jpg   chesapeake bay area oso'ers-redeyes.jpg  

Old 02-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=R Addiction;2458344]You can't go wrong staying at Red Eyes, Annapolis, Jellyfish Joels (Great Oak).....etc. etc. Lloyds is a great place to raft up.....I have some pictures....Jellfish Joels, Jellyfish Joels Tiki Bar, Red Eyes bar....early in the morning[/QUOTE

Did you know that R'Addiction...John is the mayor of Lloyds Creek..................
Old 02-25-2008, 08:52 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Lloyds Creek....
Old 02-25-2008, 08:55 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Whoops....
Attached Thumbnails chesapeake bay area oso'ers-lloyds-creek-aerial-shot-medium-.jpg   chesapeake bay area oso'ers-lloyds-creek.jpg   chesapeake bay area oso'ers-chesapeake-05-020-medium-.jpg  

Old 02-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Registered

Smile

Looks like the Navy is going to move me up to the Norfolk Area this winter. Will be XO on a new construction Sub in Newport News. Heard that area is pretty rough. Couple of questions for the locals.

1. How are the water cops on noise. I have dry exhaust on my boat and it is very loud. Should I be looking at adding mufflers before hitting the water in VA?

2. Where should I look to live. Want to be relatively close to work (25-30 miles maxish) <1 hour commute with traffic. Will probably rent for awhile 3000/month max. I have a 9 year old daughter and would like to live in a nice neighborhood where we don't have to worry about her riding her bike around with friends. Also want a neighborhood that doesn't get all bent out of shape if the boat is stored around the side of the house or something or has storage. Closer to the ramp the better as well. Would love three car garage.

Lots of questions but any help would be appreciated. Also saw how high Ches area was rated in PB mag. If you have any hook ups in the realty world that I should talk to send them to [email protected] as these threads role so fast.

Thanks again.

Larry

Quick Reply: chesapeake bay area oso'ers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.