Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where to buy the inexpensive poker run style life jackets? >

Where to buy the inexpensive poker run style life jackets?

Notices

Where to buy the inexpensive poker run style life jackets?

Old 01-17-2008, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy the inexpensive poker run style life jackets?

Not talking about the $300+ Lifeline poker run jacket with leg straps(have a couple of those) but rather the "cheap" over the shouler type that I see many poker runnners wear. Looking for 4-6 to throw in the boat for poker run passengers......can't seem to find them
Old 01-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Get Down
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Brent Medley
Not talking about the $300+ Lifeline poker run jacket with leg straps(have a couple of those) but rather the "cheap" over the shouler type that I see many poker runnners wear. Looking for 4-6 to throw in the boat for poker run passengers......can't seem to find them
It's a good thing you can't find the cheap ones.. What is your crew worth? Buy Life line and sleep well. If you want to go cheap buy a sail boat.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rcrapsey
It's a good thing you can't find the cheap ones.. What is your crew worth? Buy Life line and sleep well. If you want to go cheap buy a sail boat.
Hands down Lifeline's are the way to go.......like I said I have a couple, but I can't say I know many (if any) boat owners who keep 8 of them on the boat. I'm talking about the vests that you see 90% of people wearing on poker runs.........and no, not the thick padded orange one's that ride up high on your neck either.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Get Down
VIP Member

Hands down Lifeline's are the way to go.......like I said I have a couple, but I can't say I know many (if any) boat owners who keep 8 of them on the boat. I'm talking about the vests that you see 90% of people wearing on poker runs.........and no, not the thick padded orange one's that ride up high on your neck either.
I can safely have 6 people on board and I have 10 life lines of several different sizes.. I can afford a nice boat and I owe a safe and sound return for my passengers. If you have a high performance boat you owe it to our sport to buck up for safety.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rcrapsey
I can safely have 6 people on board and I have 10 life lines of several different sizes.. I can afford a nice boat and I owe a safe and sound return for my passengers. If you have a high performance boat you owe it to our sport to buck up for safety.
I agree........nonetheless anyone familiar with the kind I'm talking about......I just flipped open Powerboat Magazine and the Ad for the Donzi 43 ZR has everyone on board wearing the model I speak of.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Brent,

Hows Hot Shot doing?? Was at the Hustler factory today. Still love those boats!! These are the ones your looking for right? Not the best pic but....
Attached Thumbnails Where to buy the inexpensive poker run style life jackets?-seats.jpg  
Old 01-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brent, didnt I meet you at the Uglys poker run at Grand this year? Good lookin boat!

Make everyone purchase their own jacket for a poker run.. then its theirs and the responsibility is off your shoulders. I dont have lifelines myself because im in the 60+mph range and I can get a 75mph jacket through Bartons.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Hey Brent,

Hows Hot Shot doing?? Was at the Hustler factory today. Still love those boats!! These are the ones your looking for right? Not the best pic but....
Those are the ones! HotShot has been getting many upgrades! Lets see.......added several additional guages, gps, custom painted dash panels, windshield, bow rails powdercoated, installed large Taylor Performance scoops in engine hatch which are custom painted, new upholustry and ebroidery on engine hatch and bolsters, total trailer restoration(orange), cockpit cover, stereo upgrades..........I'll send you a few pics when I'm done with her.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Those are the ones! HotShot has been getting many upgrades! Lets see.......added several additional guages, gps, custom painted dash panels, windshield, bow rails powdercoated, installed large Taylor Performance scoops in engine hatch which are custom painted, new upholustry and ebroidery on engine hatch and bolsters, total trailer restoration(orange), cockpit cover, stereo upgrades..........I'll send you a few pics when I'm done with her.
That would be great! Sounds like your making her really sweet!!
Old 01-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by waterboy222
Brent, didnt I meet you at the Uglys poker run at Grand this year? Good lookin boat!

Make everyone purchase their own jacket for a poker run.. then its theirs and the responsibility is off your shoulders. I dont have lifelines myself because im in the 60+mph range and I can get a 75mph jacket through Bartons.
yeah waterboy, I remember meeting you........we're definitely coming back to Grand again this year! Great time!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Where to buy the inexpensive poker run style life jackets?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.