Notices

New IMCO Drives

Old 01-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default New IMCO Drives

Just got my Feb PB mag & not only is there a full page ad on the new IMCO SCX & SCT drives but there's actually a story on a 21' Nordic outfitted w/ the new SCX.

As best I can tell the SCX is a beefier version of the old IMCO Extreme SC including larger gears & bearings than the former & also offers a new optional 1 7/16 diameter propshaft. This sounds like a good package & more affordable solution to the std Merc Bravo XR based on the fact that the Merc NXT drive isn't readily available to the open market.

With regard to the new SCT, which is an IMCO drive that uses a seperate transmission I'm not sure what seperates this drive from the not so popular IMCO Extreme SC 1000 which was also a non cone clutch trans drive.

Has anyone actually seen either of these drives upclose & in person (Chicago Boat Show??), mounted to a boat or know anything about them.

The concept sounds good but beyond the PB story & ad I didn't find anything on them. Nothing on IMCO's own site either.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a thread in the ' Drives and Lower units ' section already.

The big deal about this SCX is all new houseing. Upper and Lower. Water cooled, with larger lower gears, not just tougher bravo XR styled gears.

I was quoted $13000.00 with a new Helmet witch has to be replaced.