Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
46 Skater does 190 !!!!!!! Congrats Byrdman !!!! >

46 Skater does 190 !!!!!!! Congrats Byrdman !!!!

Notices

46 Skater does 190 !!!!!!! Congrats Byrdman !!!!

Old 07-09-2008, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

they are doing it right this isnt a $20k piece... Byrd knows what hes doing...shame some big names dont...
I hear Gellner has his stuff together too. hes old school and knows.

JT...pahhhlease...needs some of that meth injected into his brain...

who cares about the vid, the people know its true...go make your own vid...

the boats a stunner and will command some serious coin once byrd is finished defiling that puss.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JCPERF
When you try to load a 1650HP engine out of the gate at 3500 rpms to make a speed run the EGT temps go through the roof and the boost level climbs fast, it is almost certain to detonate a piston.These are not 525 mercs we are running.We had 300 miles of test time on these motors to achieve what we did.They are kilo motors and are very fragile under the circumstances.Every time we did a speed run they were brought up in stages to there peak range of power.Unfortunately the last time they were run they were hurt.We had the Methanol injection coming in too late during the testing that happened.They are tuned for 1800HP right now and the boat will be ready to make a 202MPH speed run or better when the weather is right.
dont make estimates and excuses for these loosers...there is no need just keep doing your thing and breath on those mills when its done its done...
plus byrd has pools to put in and sewers to clean out to afford gas dont be rushing the tard...
Old 07-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TOASTY
dont make estimates and excuses for these loosers...there is no need just keep doing your thing and breath on those mills when its done its done...
plus byrd has pools to put in and sewers to clean out to afford gas dont be rushing the tard...
There are no estimates or excuses here.They all told us in the past the only way a 46 Skater could go 175 plus was to drop it off a building and look at them nowWait and see next.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Registered

preaching to the choir perf, i know you can do it. tommy does not lie when he talks...

i meant excuses for the hired gun who didnt listen and broke **** not you guys. with those numbers the boat will do better then 02 mark... just make sure they strap that nut in tight...hear me byrd tight silly tight not 609 whore slop tight i mean tight tight
Old 07-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nocigarette
I dont care if the boat melted every piston, that is still hauling a$$........I blow sh!t up all the time, just post the damn video already......

remind me to not let you drive

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

300 miles between rebuilds at an average speed of 150mph is 2hrs run time between builds.....I thought merc chit was bad.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wasn't bustin no ones balls by no means - you've done an incredible job and to push something mechanical to that type of level is frikkin impressive - It really would be cool to see some vid...

Congrats again and hope to see you break the 200mph mark soon!!
Old 07-12-2008, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

It's not a perfect world---I have certainly had my own share of woes in years past. I actually think 190mph is an awesome accomplishment in 46' boat. I honestly don't wish bad on Jeff or anyone---especially Byrdman...he's the paying customer.

If Jeff (JCPerf) and Byrdman are still pursuing the project I hope the best towards their success.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by JCPERF
There are no estimates or excuses here.They all told us in the past the only way a 46 Skater could go 175 plus was to drop it off a building and look at them nowWait and see next.
If ya not breaking sh*t your not going fast enough- from the mouth of Don Aronow to my dad.I have punished my power and 16 pistons later I will install some meth injection. I have no stabin cabin no bathroom hell not even a radio but one trip across lake at speeds I use to dream makes me forget about the f up state tis countries in.
Al Copeland JR and Scott are real close to the 200 mark with his 46. I love the fact that were all pushing the limits. Good luck to you guys and be safe.
JC can I call you on some meth injection questions.

Last edited by HotPursuit; 07-14-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
JC can I call you on some meth injection questions.
Now why would a coon a$$ need to call the SBRT to figure out how to inject meth? Just don't blow yourself up wile you're cooking it

Quick Reply: 46 Skater does 190 !!!!!!! Congrats Byrdman !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.