Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Miami Vice movie boat (MTI) sold $175,000? >

Miami Vice movie boat (MTI) sold $175,000?

Notices

Miami Vice movie boat (MTI) sold $175,000?

Old 01-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

900k to charity, nice tax deduction. The Vette will be one of one in a special color BTW, Bowling Green delivery, the chznce to watch it being built AND start it on the assembly line for the first time.. Cool package, I just didn't need the deduction this year...
Old 01-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott B
900k to charity, nice tax deduction. The Vette will be one of one in a special color BTW, Bowling Green delivery, the chznce to watch it being built AND start it on the assembly line for the first time.. Cool package, I just didn't need the deduction this year...
or you can take delivery of it in Jay Leno's garage....
Old 01-20-2008, 05:40 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
The auctioners are azz holes. Just recently the hammer was down, then the bid is keep going. $25,000 more.
Then the guy keeps the hammer up for an hour. Milking the commissions.
Yes they did that more then once , and spent plenty of time on the Carrol Shelby cars to pump them up ..
Old 01-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
According to the Barrett-Jackson website (see below) the 2006 MTI 39RM Miami Vice movie boat sold for $175,000, before buyers 10% commission. It was a waste of a movie, but this this price can not be right, can it.
Too bad it only was sold as a lot...last thing on BJ's site listed the package at 500K...still a good price for boat, hummer and tilt... That would make it a total of $550K when you figure in the 10% buyer's commission...

Doubt this price will effect much of anything that's for sale...taking a boat to a car auction was a gamble that didn't bring i'm sure the numbers they were hoping for....but then again someone picked up a very nice ride for some modest coin....

Last edited by fountain4play; 01-20-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:58 PM
Registered

The Miami vice boat was there just for "star power".
It did seem like Barrett-Jackson should add Shelby to their name.
I have watched this auction for several years, it seemed the auctioneers spent a lot of time on certain vehicles, while others were just hammered away at next to nothing.
Worst of all was the incredible amount of Shelby cars (18 just on saturday) on the block and they were not bringing the big bucks as they used to when there was only a couple of them for the whole week.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bluellama
or you can take delivery of it in Jay Leno's garage....

I thought I was going to have to slit my wrists before he would shut up.. What a wanker...
Old 01-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by georges
Worst of all was the incredible amount of Shelby cars (18 just on saturday) on the block and they were not bringing the big bucks as they used to when there was only a couple of them for the whole week.
You may have to be standing there to understand. They could be good from afar but far from good.

Look through the inventory auctioned earlier in the week. Some "Not So Nice Stuff".

We are heading to Palm Beach March 29th. Should be interesting.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Registered

Did you all see the first available to public 2006 Shelby GT-H, it went for a wimppppppppy $42K. I figured it would have went higher.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

If someone with access to car dealer tags bought the boat/hummer/trailer lot (likely); the pricing break down makes sense. He/she can keep the truck and trailer with dealer tags on them, and never register them; and then just state that he/she bought the boat for $175,000 which would drastically improve his/her bottom line for sales tax.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

I was there they spent a fair amount of time on the boat, and then re opened it 15 mins later and got another 15K supposedly someone screwed up.
First time I have been to Barret Jackson -- quite a circus -- I was at the RM Auction the day before and a much tighter run show -- although much smaller in numbers still the same total dollars through the gates!

Quick Reply: Miami Vice movie boat (MTI) sold $175,000?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.