Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Miami Vice Boat!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/177938-miami-vice-boat.html)

SC404COUPE 01-21-2008 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by PARADOX (Post 2414568)
Does Don J. Still ownd the record for the Mississippi run? From The Qad cities to New Orleans? Let's brake it ..
:evilb:

I think Howard Arneson holds the record now.

The one and only time I got to go to Lake X...They had his boat in the shop and were rigging it for the race. Lets just say it was a cool experience for a kid at the time.

Jigsaw89 01-21-2008 10:18 PM

Great clips, I especially like Tubbs' comment about the supposed 22-pitch prop on the Cary 50! LOL No Ringers! LOL

baddogz28 01-22-2008 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER (Post 2414379)
How about the original miami vice boat, the Chris Craft Stinger 390? One of my favorites.

The Chris Craft 390 was the same hull as the Excalibur Hawk 40. I believe chris craft bought the molds from Excalibur. They had 22 Degree deadrise, 9ft beams.

Then they went to the scarab KV. Which i believe was a 24degree hull, with a 8'6" beam. I havent had the chance to run a 38KV, but I did have a 40' Excalibur Hawk, and it loved rough water.

None of the above were very fast, compared to whats out today, but handled big water awesome, and still hold thier place respectably in the offshore world. They were the cats pajamas back then, I still love watching "the great mccarthy" episode where they raced the Stinger, Cary 50, and some other offshore boats. LOL, so cheesy, but still cool.

I'm all about "The Great McCarthy."

It was great when Don whooped McCarthy's ass in pool for the spot in the race... Tossed the keys to the 365 GTB/4 Ferrari on the table like it was nothing.

The offshore scenes are unbelievable too. :cool-smiley-026:

MILD THUNDER 01-22-2008 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jigsaw89 (Post 2415696)
Great clips, I especially like Tubbs' comment about the supposed 22-pitch prop on the Cary 50! LOL No Ringers! LOL

Yea, thats funny, "setup is all wrong, 22P props, no top end"

LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS 01-22-2008 11:53 PM

That show was awesome & the boats from that show are what stoked the fire further formany of us to love this sport.. :) J

PhantomChaos 01-23-2008 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER (Post 2414379)
How about the original miami vice boat, the Chris Craft Stinger 390? One of my favorites.

The Chris Craft 390 was the same hull as the Excalibur Hawk 40. I believe chris craft bought the molds from Excalibur. They had 22 Degree deadrise, 9ft beams.

Then they went to the scarab KV. Which i believe was a 24degree hull, with a 8'6" beam. I havent had the chance to run a 38KV, but I did have a 40' Excalibur Hawk, and it loved rough water.

None of the above were very fast, compared to whats out today, but handled big water awesome, and still hold thier place respectably in the offshore world. They were the cats pajamas back then, I still love watching "the great mccarthy" episode where they raced the Stinger, Cary 50, and some other offshore boats. LOL, so cheesy, but still cool.

There is a guy on the SCOPE board redoing an Excaliber 42....lots to work on!!!! :D

http://www.scopeinfo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190

concorde 01-26-2008 12:13 AM

excalibur 40 hawk from Turkey

2 Attachment(s)
here are some pictures of my 40 HAWK, with CAT 3208 diesels, Arneson Surface Drives and ROLLA props.. All interior, electric panels, everything is Carbon Fiber including the fridge..

BOBCATMATHEWS 01-26-2008 12:31 AM

netflix has the first five seasons available for instant watching(Miami Vice) on your computer.

Wisconsin Snowbird 01-27-2008 03:33 PM

I own the Cary from "The Great Mc Carthy". Being repowered with twin Volvos and Arnesons.

creeper 01-27-2008 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Wisconsin Snowbird (Post 2422497)
I own the Cary from "The Great Mc Carthy". Being repowered with twin Volvos and Arnesons.

My Man..........We need some pic's.......:cool-smiley-027:......Those Cary's are sweet....At least in my eyes...