Notices

Chicago Boat Show

Old 01-23-2008, 08:15 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkSmith
Go to Miami International Boatshow. Just allow 3 days for viewing.
Alright we're gone See ya there
Old 01-23-2008, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkSmith
Go to Miami International Boatshow. Just allow 3 days for viewing.
Absolutely Mark, I think everyone is forgetting that it is a $6-$10 show that is in the middle of the winter to get everyone thinking boats. When you really want to buy, there are a lot of manufacturers out there that are great quality that should be investigated. Miami is definitely the place to have them all under one roof/beautiful sky/etc. to get to compare them, but it is not at a $10 ticket. I can guarantee you one of the best 3 or 4 days you will ever spend shopping for boats though. Even if you do not buy, you will come out of the Miami show a much more informed boater not to mention the vendors that are there to give you the best ideas in the world when it comes to cleaning, apparrel, ropes, lines, tackle, parts, etc. Don't know if wifey and I will make it this year with kids schedule, but I can't wait to get back. Did I mention how great the scenery is there too!!!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 08:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by hammer01
Absolutely Mark, I think everyone is forgetting that it is a $6-$10 show that is in the middle of the winter to get everyone thinking boats. When you really want to buy, there are a lot of manufacturers out there that are great quality that should be investigated. Miami is definitely the place to have them all under one roof/beautiful sky/etc. to get to compare them, but it is not at a $10 ticket. I can guarantee you one of the best 3 or 4 days you will ever spend shopping for boats though. Even if you do not buy, you will come out of the Miami show a much more informed boater not to mention the vendors that are there to give you the best ideas in the world when it comes to cleaning, apparrel, ropes, lines, tackle, parts, etc. Don't know if wifey and I will make it this year with kids schedule, but I can't wait to get back. Did I mention how great the scenery is there too!!!!!
You would see a lot more of the show if you would stay out of Mangos...
Old 01-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Registered

I wasn't very impressed with the Chicago show either.

They did have a few nice rides. The Indy show has been low on performance too, but it's almost 2 weeks long, and seems like a lot more vendors.

We are going to the Louisville show this week.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Back4More
Got to talk Fountains with Scott Shogren and talk Cigs and Donzis with Mark Miller of GSC...
My buddy wanted to make a deal on a 353 Formula but got the run around.
Just curious, who ran your buddy around on the 353 ?
Old 01-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Registered

I was too looking at 353.. Tell you the truth Im not to happy with forumla anymore. I looked at the Donzi's and fell in love witht eh 35 ZR. Im going to meet Mark this Friday to duscuss pricing with 525's..

Wait I thought a few years back the Chicago show was known for its performance boaters. Even more fo a downer did anyone else notice there weren't as many bars at the show also.
And for people to say "What percentage of the boating market is really PERFORMANCE-oriented"
I say LOTS! Look at the Chain O Lakes and Lake Michigan.. you have the Chicago Poker run, The River Shiver..

Im flying out for the Miami show. I hear thats a real boat show
Old 01-23-2008, 02:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FRMULTR
Just curious, who ran your buddy around on the 353 ?
BK
Old 01-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheKoz96
Even more of a downer did anyone else notice there weren't as many bars at the show also.
Not sure about that Chris, but I did notice there were actually MORE people walking around with drinks in their hands then in years past
Old 01-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Registered

Yea Atlanta show is also a joke.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baddogz28
Kudos to Shogren for bringing babes.

Me (after buying Chicago Powerboat Club tank top for a girl I'm seeing: ) "Yeah... She's not really happy that I'm getting a boat. I keep telling her that girls don't like boats."

Shogren girl: "You could take them fishing."

Me: "I'm not buying a fishing boat?"

Shogren girl: "But girls like to fish."

Me: "Uh, OK."
haha..yeah I got the same thing from her. Both of them said they are going to come out boating with us this summer, and Lucia asked if we could do any fishing off of mine, I said we could I guess...?

Regardless, nice girls, lots of fun to hang with, and thanks for the t-shirt purchase, we appreciate the support.

Quick Reply: Chicago Boat Show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.