Sell and by a new toy
35.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Need advice on PAINT.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need advice on PAINT.

Well winter is here again and getting cabin fever. We had a few problems in Chicago Poker run. Some of you know we put some holes in the side of this from where the box anchor got loose.
So here is the deal, we met with the painter and we are thinking of repainting the whole boat again this winter. Get rid of the graphics on the sides and on the bow. We just don't know some days we love them and some days we dislike them.
So here is the deal should we just turn it back to solid purple of keep the graphics. I think it might be easy to get rid of the boat when we want to upgrade to a 47.
Attached Thumbnails Need advice on PAINT.-137-resize.jpg   Need advice on PAINT.-089-resize.jpg   Need advice on PAINT.-141-resize.jpg  

Old 01-19-2008, 08:43 AM
Registered

Never seen the boat up close but from the pics the graphics look good. In fact mine is solid colors and I'm wanting to repaint and add graphics I just cant decide on a pattern.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Graphics look ok, solid purple might be like a blank canvas for the next buyer. Trade that 42 in....The 47 is a nice boat...
Old 01-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 270 Likes on 95 Posts

current graphics do look ok, they are different, but that style makes the boat look short.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 01-19-2008, 08:51 PM
Registered

Sure need some advice . Start tare down next friday for prep. Thanks jeff and Jessica

Last edited by satisfied1; 01-19-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:35 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,814 Likes on 903 Posts

If you are thinking seriously about trading/selling or moving up, I would just keep it simple and just repaint the graphics as is without spending more $$$ on it.
If you are going to keep it for a while longer, maybe change it up a little and incorporate another color or two.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:26 AM
Registered

The boat looks good....save your money.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:17 AM
Registered

Jeff and Jess, I think the boat turned out kick butt, but i would add some more colors to it, but then again I kind of like more colors

I would say add some oranges and yellows to the mix to break it up a bit and add some more lateral graphics to stretch out the boat visually

I do not know if you saw pics of the PQ when we painted it last year, but here you can see the colors I was talking about working together, at least in my opinion

You can also see the 36OL we did as well last year in the last pic at the shootout

Whatever you decide you guys will love it again just since it has changed a little and winter will finally be over

Are you guys coming to KC next week?

Christian
Attached Thumbnails Need advice on PAINT.-p3220513-small-.jpg   Need advice on PAINT.-p3240569-small-.jpg   Need advice on PAINT.-100_5045-small-.jpg  

Last edited by ckentling; 01-20-2008 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ckentling
Jeff and Jess, I think the boat turned out kick butt, but i would add some more colors to it, but then again I kind of like more colors

I would say add some oranges and yellows to the mix to break it up a bit and add some more lateral graphics to stretch out the boat visually

I do not know if you saw pics of the PQ when we painted it last year, but here you can see the colors I was talking about working together, at least in my opinion

You can also see the 36OL we did as well last year in the last pic at the shootout

Whatever you decide you guys will love it again just since it has changed a little and winter will finally be over

Are you guys coming to KC next week?

Christian

Sorry Christian-- after what we learned about SOME of the members we are too long winded and b**ch too much so I will make this short... NO TO THE PARTY. Jess
Old 01-20-2008, 11:08 AM

I like the way it looks now! If it was mine I think I might get rid of the arch.

Quick Reply: Need advice on PAINT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.