Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Most comfortable cabin in a performance boat??????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/178130-most-comfortable-cabin-performance-boat.html)

302Sport 01-23-2008 10:15 AM

Most comfortable cabin in a performance boat???????

A couple I know are looking for the boat with the most comfortable cabin that fits these criteria: 37+ FT, 2001 or newer, 80+MPH, and less than $300K used, no new boats...........any ideas?????? No cats (insurance reasons), and no Fountains.............

Clay Washington 01-23-2008 10:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I really like the room and the layout of the cabin in my 1990 Cigarette Bullet. It has a long couch along the starboard side, an enclosed head (between the couch and the helm), a nice v-berth and of course the "throne"! :D

Clay Washington 01-23-2008 10:23 AM

If they really want 37+ feet, you should look at Sonic. Every Sonic that I have seen always had a comfortable cabin.

Good luck! :cool:

Sea-Dated 01-23-2008 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by 302Sport (Post 2417458)
A couple I know are looking for the boat with the most comfortable cabin that fits these criteria: 37+ FT, 2001 or newer, 80+MPH, and less than $300K used, no new boats...........any ideas?????? No cats (insurance reasons), and no Fountains.............

Most comfortable how? Do you plan on overnighting so the bed would be an important factor, or just entertaining, galley area and seating, or keeping the kids comfy, AC, TV, fridge, room important.

how are you going to be using it is the biggest question. I like the Cig cabins but they are not always the best if you have kids or are overnighting on it.

tblrklakemo 01-23-2008 10:24 AM

Active Thunder 37, Sonic 38 sts, or Nortech 39....I think some of the large Hustlers have good sized cabins too, but thats getting into Black Thunder territory.

Tony Montana 01-23-2008 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by 302Sport (Post 2417458)

Sonic or newer AT. Another thought why not get a boat they like and spend 20k to make the cabin the way they want it?

RHC 01-23-2008 10:29 AM

It depends ,, do ya want stand up space ,, or basic lot's of room ,, or lots of extra's that will break when it goes offshore ,,,

Sonic ,, lots of glitz ,, but small berth

Formula 38 ,,all the things one needs but a cruiser look and feel ,,

the 36 Apache has more room and is built to take offshore running but ,,, pretty sparce on extra's ,,, I think they built 10 with the enclose head and sink

all of these will run 75-80 depending on power

The Active thunder crowd will tell ya that there boat does it all ,,, can't speak to that ,, never bin on one !!

Good luck ,, its fun to shop !!!!:D

RHC

Chris Sunkin 01-23-2008 10:29 AM

Formulas are roomy, comfortable and stylish. Not overly flashy/raceboat-ish.

BraceYourself 01-23-2008 10:38 AM

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o19063-en.html

Best cabin in my opinion, you can go out and run in 4-6 footers and not have to spend a second fixing all the frilly **** that gets broke on other boats

cullen_11 01-23-2008 11:16 AM

I'll put my .02 in, especially since mine is for sale. '38 Powerquest. Over 5 1/2 foot of headroom - best I have seen in a while, full enclosed head, micro, fridge, 2 facing couches and 6 ft+ v-berth for sleeping. Twin 500EFI's get mine 2 80mph with current props, have seen 83-84 with 6 blade herrings if you want to pay that much. In my experience most cabins are not comfortable, even when sitting down the headliners are low and almost claustrophobic - this one is very spacious. See link in my signature and feel free to call, email or PM if you have any questions.