Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Be Thankful (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/178156-thankful.html)

TeamSaris 01-23-2008 06:47 PM

Very Sorry for Your Loss

Jassman 01-23-2008 07:13 PM

Sorry to hear about your friends, God Bless.

fountain1fan 01-23-2008 07:14 PM

[QUOTE=DM;2417876]Enjoy your family, friends and boat. Step or no step, beak or no beak, platform or not, cat or vee, pad or no pad etc. etc. Just buried a friend and fellow boater today after a long battle with Leukemia. Be thankful for your health and enjoy each day.[/QUOTv i;m so sorry about your friend my brother has it he had the stem cell transsplant and is doing good . robbie .

Shanghied Again 01-23-2008 07:28 PM

Life is to short and when you loose someone close you start to look at life in a different way. Sorry to hear about your loss and my prayers to everyone that has lost someone close. Cig Boat you keep up the battle and don't think of your boat as a 17ft boat call your little Cigarette.

CigBoat 01-23-2008 07:35 PM

Thanks Frank I do enjoy it. I believe I met you a few years back at Lake Cumberland Donzi AWTH I had a 24 Baja back then and I remember running down a few Donzi's and I think your's was one of them and you gave me a nice complement about how it ran.

Robbie
I am glad to here your brother is still doing good!!

cosmic12 01-23-2008 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by DM (Post 2417876)
Enjoy your family, friends and boat. Step or no step, beak or no beak, platform or not, cat or vee, pad or no pad etc. etc. Just buried a friend and fellow boater today after a long battle with Leukemia. Be thankful for your health and enjoy each day.

Never truer words writen. I am sitting in the air port in Charlotte S.C trying to get home and was not able to make it for wake or aything, truly pains me. the man Dan (DM) speaks of was a boater beyound the term, he lived for the water and boats no mater what they were. There wasn't anyone into boating in our area that didn't know him and he will truly be missed by all on the river and small lakes of central N.Y. Enjoy what you have to the fullest every day, you just never know.

fountain1fan 01-23-2008 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by CigBoat (Post 2418300)
Thanks Frank I do enjoy it. I believe I met you a few years back at Lake Cumberland Donzi AWTH I had a 24 Baja back then and I remember running down a few Donzi's and I think your's was one of them and you gave me a nice complement about how it ran.

Robbie
I am glad to here your brother is still doing good!!

thanks cig boat so sorry about your friend .may god blees

AB From Windsor 01-23-2008 07:58 PM

Dm

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Prosno

Sorry for the loss of your wife and your daughters mom.

PARADOX 01-23-2008 09:17 PM

DM.. Sorry for your loss.. And thanks for the reminder.
We all had close calls or actual loss of loved once and friends.
They can't be replaced. We all need to remember them and live FOR them, the best we can, without all the petty BS.
God Bless.

Single With Twins 01-24-2008 06:54 AM

Sorry for your loss..........as many have said life is too short.

My dad (who just turned 60 this past September) called me yesterday afternoon to tell me that he got a call from his doctor and he has prostate cancer.......one thing to hear and feel for others but what a difference when it happens to someone close to you. Not much detail yet but he goes in for a bone scan the start of next week and we will find out more then.

Live life the way you want to all.........make sure you hug the ones you love and tell them you love them......

Jay