Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Internet brands buys offshoreonly???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/178182-internet-brands-buys-offshoreonly.html)

f311fr1 01-23-2008 09:00 PM

I want to give a THANK YOU to Jeffry for an inspired idea and to Steve for taking a good idea and making it even better. Joe Murray

packinair 01-23-2008 09:01 PM

I think asking what a selling price is none of our business, we need to respect steve's decision and privacy as far as that is concerned. I have never seen him post and ask what your house is worth and what you make a year..also focusing on anything negative only hurts us.. roll on and keep OSO OSO

jayboat 01-23-2008 09:04 PM

Well, maybe he is staying on as the 'resident manager.' Maybe the folks that now own it see some value in keeping him on the payroll. Sounds like a win-win, but that's speculation on my part. Time will tell.

stecz20 01-23-2008 09:06 PM

i think i should be paid just to hang around, whoever bought this board im sure knows who the personalities are....

so i guess the sbrt section stays.....

yeah baby....

why dont the new owners get on here and introduce them selves... who are you and what can you offer me.....

what changes are you going to make, and will they benifit us...

Tom A. 01-23-2008 09:06 PM

I was joking in my first post so let's be seious for one second.

First off: Thanks Steve for a Great Site!
Second: Perhaps OSO was sold with keeping Steve on as the moderator.
Third: If not then let's ride it out and see how the prop turns.

45sonic 01-23-2008 09:09 PM

Wow did I miss this one.

Hopefully the new owners will see what this site has become and not try and change it.

bluellama 01-23-2008 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by jayboat (Post 2418406)
Why?

Did someone say we couldn't say what we've been saying?
As long as the servers don't get the hiccups, what's the big deal?

These posts from the Hull Truth would seem to foreshadow some changes ......

"You have got to be kidding me - the moral crusaders strike again

I am not a member but have been told that offshoreonly.com's version of the sandbar was very much more revealing than THT's pre IB.

I guess IB will be taking care of that in a jiffy."

"I cant find anything there either, but this is great, screw up another fourm!! Good Job IB!"

itilldo 01-23-2008 09:13 PM

I think it sucks..it's like having a "small bank" mentality where everyone sort of knows you and now getting sold to some BIG city bank that none of the owners know you.

stecz20 01-23-2008 09:15 PM

give it a chance before we start bashing....

jayboat 01-23-2008 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by bluellama (Post 2418433)
These posts from the Hull Truth would seem to foreshadow some changes ......

"You have got to be kidding me - the moral crusaders strike again

I am not a member but have been told that offshoreonly.com's version of the sandbar was very much more revealing than THT's pre IB.

I guess IB will be taking care of that in a jiffy."

"I cant find anything there either, but this is great, screw up another fourm!! Good Job IB!"

I was wondering about that as well from the thread originator's post. Anyone got some info on changes they made over at tht?