Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Internet brands buys offshoreonly???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/178182-internet-brands-buys-offshoreonly.html)

Matt Trulio 01-23-2008 10:08 PM

All,

As you can see from my post count, I'm not exactly a frequent contributor to this site. I've always felt that this was your forum and that the last thing you needed was input from a "magazine guy." This site has given you a formidable voice. You are more than a group of folks with the same interest. You are a strong community.

One word for you, Steve Schuble: Bravo.

A few words for the rest of you: This site, your site, was purchased because of you, because you are, in fact, a community. If you find that you don't like what is happening under the new ownership, and I'm not saying that will happen, speak up.

I know you will. You always do.

Best to all,

Matt

orss 01-23-2008 10:09 PM

i never meet steve, but i can tell you, he change my life with this place, i found here really nice people and friends ,i also found not the good ones(very few)

thanks for your dedication on created a family here.
raul

Lofty 01-24-2008 12:06 AM

Now who the F is gonna' change my diapers when I chit myself? Can't tell you how many times Steve's pulled my azz out of the fire before I knew it was burning.

Zudnic 01-24-2008 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio (Post 2418551)
All,

As you can see from my post count, I'm not exactly a frequent contributor to this site. I've always felt that this was your forum and that the last thing you needed was input from a "magazine guy." This site has given you a formidable voice. You are more than a group of folks with the same interest. You are a strong community.

One word for you, Steve Schuble: Bravo.

A few words for the rest of you: This site, your site, was purchased because of you, because you are, in fact, a community. If you find that you don't like what is happening under the new ownership, and I'm not saying that will happen, speak up.

I know you will. You always do.

Best to all,

Matt

Thanks for writing that, been trying to figure out what should be written and thats sort of what I was thinking!

I've tried other sites and found this one the best. Decided awhile ago that really only have time for one; even neglect my own non boat related blog in favor of hanging here.

Congrats Steve and hope you hang around. If your ever in Vegas, shoot me a pm here! I can tell your good people for letting me hang out on our baby, don't rent a car, let you have use of any of mine!

As for the new owners. In thinking about buying a new Vette, been doing some research. Ironic that the best OSO of Vettes: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zeroforum?id=74 Is owned by Internet Brands..............

gmhdfan 01-24-2008 04:20 AM

Congratulations Steve, Good luck and THANKS for all you have done. For the love of the sport.:ernaehrung004:

Payton 01-24-2008 05:07 AM

Congratulations Steve!!

Wild Wil 01-24-2008 05:23 AM

Maybe they will make the site more friendly to users who do not pay. If this site was more like Scream and Fly.com, it would be better. Since you have to pay to view pics and other things here. Scream and Fly is more friendly and lets you see pics even if you are not a paying member.

45sonic 01-24-2008 06:02 AM

Hey Cashbar

Nicely said

enticer 01-24-2008 06:08 AM

I didn't see any reply from Steve or Jeff as to the validity of it. No, I am not reading each post. But in the end....it's all about the Benjamin's

boatme 01-24-2008 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Wild Wil (Post 2418663)
Maybe they will not make the site more friendly to users who do not pay. If this site was more like Scream and Fly.com, it would be better. Since you have to pay to view pics and other things here. Scream and Fly is more friendly and lets you see pics even if you are not a paying member.

I was kinda hoping my bank would just let me live in my house as well without paying for it I promice to only look at the place i wont use it :)

Or Disney to let me in for free (I promise not to ride any rides )

Wil, We all like free stuff but it takes money to run a site, a business, an event, ect.....
we all like to get in free but once you see the rides you should pay to get on them

You are right there are alot of cool free sites, then there are some pay sites. It is your choice to do what ever you do but OSO is a cool cheap pay site (I like the free sites as well)

You want to ride the rides (Veiw pics, ect..) then dust off the wallet and pony up

I have had a rough few years financially (I live in michigan should I say more ?) and still i pay my dues here cause to me it really is only the cost of one night out (maybe two I am not a big drinker) and is cheap entertainment

Pay the fee and you to can have the right to be even more apart of the offshore drama and good information that is OSO

i have been on here along time and will still be here when all that is left is myself and Cash bar talking about the good old days :)

Thanks to everyone at OSO that has provided many hours of entertainment and drama in my life
Lets hope the next few years are as entertaining as the last few years

Good luck to Steve