Internet brands buys offshoreonly???? >

Internet brands buys offshoreonly????

Notices

Internet brands buys offshoreonly????

Old 01-24-2008, 07:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Greg (CASHBAR) your a good friend, thanks for the insight, and very nicely put.

Steve thanks for all you have done with this site. Ive learned quite a bit, and more importantly met and made many friends. Its been a great avenue to air out many topics not just about boating, but life in general. I'm glad to see that you are hanging around for a while. What ever your end out decision might be, you have my respect for creating one of the finest and enthusiastic sites to date. Thank You. Jeff
Old 01-24-2008, 07:16 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,
Time to do what Don Aronow did, start a new web site and take all of us with you and with the price of gas you could call it OnshoreOnly.com
Old 01-24-2008, 07:19 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Wil
If this site was more like Scream and Fly.com, it would be better. Since you have to pay to view pics and other things here. Scream and Fly is more friendly and lets you see pics even if you are not a paying member.
Yeah thats it WILD one ! hate to tell you but Scream & fly does'nt even compare ,unless to you a V.W. and a Lambo are the same .Maybe we'll all get a check back in the mail from OSO and it'll be a free site ...Wake up & smell the coffee big daddy sounds like S & F is where its at for you
Old 01-24-2008, 07:21 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default new site

STECZ is starting a new site called OFFBOREONLY
Old 01-24-2008, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First off, congrats Steve. Now it can be a "hobby" again.

Secondly, if OSO fails to live up to wjhat we, the members want it to be, the solution is easy. Don't renew your membership. It is truely all about $$ and I am sure that Internet Brands will see the light if we all stop paying. They will conform to what WE want and not the other way around or they will pay the ultimate price, no paid members. Simple no?
Old 01-24-2008, 07:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jayboat
Why?

Did someone say we couldn't say what we've been saying?
As long as the servers don't get the hiccups, what's the big deal?
It's a public company....their best interests are with their investors, not necessarilly the boating community......but no need to jump the gun yet, we'll see
Old 01-24-2008, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

WOW...this place has been great , heck , i'm hitting 5 years here in a month. best to you steve....
Old 01-24-2008, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Airpacker
First off, congrats Steve. Now it can be a "hobby" again.

Secondly, if OSO fails to live up to what we, the members want it to be, the solution is easy. Don't renew your membership. It is truely all about $$ and I am sure that Internet Brands will see the light if we all stop paying. They will conform to what WE want and not the other way around or they will pay the ultimate price, no paid members. Simple no?

Old 01-24-2008, 07:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats steve. You put in a lot of hard work and deserve a nice vacation. Whats next for ya?
Old 01-24-2008, 07:54 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Some thoughts

Steve has no doubt worked hard and stressed about his business, just as we all do in our day to day jobs. I joined this website in 2001 because I was angered by a boating accident caused by what I considered a design flaw and gimmick and needed a place to vent and explain. To me, this site has never been about the "OSO Cigarette" or the ads and marketing cleverly woven into the screens. Rather it was and is about the member contributors, without whom there would simply be an Internet address with no visitors. Most of the topics, stories, controversies were not started by OSO, but simply hosted here. This is a conglomeration of the best and worst that performance powerboating has to offer. We have some gifted writers and knowledgeable people who take the time out of their busy lives to try and provide knowledge, entertainment and guidance to other boaters without any compensation. To me, that's what made this site great and successful. Certainly pulling this all together was no easy task but, again, without that valuable content, what did you have?

So here's to Steve. May he have a restful and successful future and here's to the posters who filled the book........

T2x

Quick Reply: Internet brands buys offshoreonly????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.