Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need help deciding which boat to buy next! >

Need help deciding which boat to buy next!

Notices

Need help deciding which boat to buy next!

Old 01-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Racerngr1
Right now I am trying to get rid of my first boat (first I've owned)

sales 101.... dont say trying to get rid of....
Old 01-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve_H
how about a completely updated bullet
u know this is mt favorite bullet.....

im partial to the black and white
Old 01-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Registered

70k? mid ninties top gun.... easiest resale....

u wont have to get rid of it
Old 01-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Right now I am trying to get rid of my first boat (first I've owned) but have been boating all of my life.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=174314

I am trying to decide which boat to buy next. I am out on the west coast and go to havasu a bit in the summer, but would like to get more into offshore and have a boat I could participate in SCOPE with. I am looking to spend under 70k and want something good, SOLID, reliable, safe, and fun. I was thinking of something along the lines of a used 32' Fountain with twins or an older Pantera or something like that. What do you think I should buy?

Not twins, but is very solid, very well built, is as big as a 32' Fountain, runs at 73-75mph, and will be right in your price range. This boat eats up rough water with a true Deep-V hull. The boat as a VERY deep freeboard so you are in the boat, not on it, which will lend to a very secure and safe ride/feel. "boatfreak" here on OSO had his 28AT for 6 years and just moved up to a 37AT. On the Thunder Run last year he kept (sometimes lead) pace with 4 37s, and 2 33s on the way to Islamoralda and Key Largo; in some REALLY sloppy water--3 & 4 footers with occasional deeper holes.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o20580-en.html
Old 01-25-2008, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how about a completely updated bullet
That's awesome. Looks great. Is it for sale?
Old 01-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by five cent worth
That's awesome. Looks great. Is it for sale?
yes. everything, even the cabin/head sink drains has been replaced on this bullet because they werent shiney enough for me.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Registered

yes. everything, even the cabin/head sink drains has been replaced on this bullet because they werent shiney enough for me.

$$$? (playboy withdrall)
Old 01-25-2008, 08:38 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by dreamer
$$$? (playboy withdrall)

its not advertised but Kevin from midwest power boats has a black and white playboy for sale.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cSR2...eature=related

I want to have the ability to run the next boat that I buy like this. I want to make sure I have a quality boat now, not when I'm 3' in the air doing 65MPH. How would some of the boat's previously talked about hold up running like this (Fountain, Formula, Pantera, AT)? I know there is a lot of skill to safely run a boat like this, but I want a boat that I can become a better driver with, where I can increase my driving skills to a level that won't necessarily exceed what the boat can handle. I know it would be much easier to do this if I had more money, but still limited at about $70K.
James
Old 01-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cSR2...eature=related

I want to have the ability to run the next boat that I buy like this. I want to make sure I have a quality boat now, not when I'm 3' in the air doing 65MPH. How would some of the boat's previously talked about hold up running like this (Fountain, Formula, Pantera, AT)? I know there is a lot of skill to safely run a boat like this, but I want a boat that I can become a better driver with, where I can increase my driving skills to a level that won't necessarily exceed what the boat can handle. I know it would be much easier to do this if I had more money, but still limited at about $70K.
James
You need to buy a race boat then. One without TVs, couches, frilly little lights, V-berths, porta-potties, etc. etc. In a matter of moments, with ANY loaded up pleasure boat, running it that hard; you are going to have cabin-salad. That's just not any old pleasure boat in the video you reference. That's a purpose built Apache, designed specifically for racing, and racing HARD CORE. Oh yeah, those boats still broke too, and were gone over every to the level nut, screw, and bolt before heading back out again.

Quick Reply: Need help deciding which boat to buy next!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.