If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VIP Member VIP Member DirtyMoney's Avatar
    My Boats:
    368 Skater, 33 Scarab AVS, Fountain 48EC Yanmar/Arneson
    Murrayville, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by NASCAT View Post
    Be patient, a trans drive is in the works, tested this week. If you anything about Roger Penske, the Penske way & the their resources they only do things first class. (RP owns Ilmor Engineering)

and now OSO

My Boats:
    Dreaming of a 32 AT
    Syracuse N.Y.

I have a pr 625's as do 3 of my boating buddies, we are quite happy w/ them. The way they stand behind their product is unmatched.

I'm looking at trading for a boat that has 710's tomorrow.

For the record they are considerably lighter than their counterparts including 2 extra cylindares since that seems to be a problem for some.

Also the 550 & 625 are Dodge Viper assembly plant built where as the 710's are hand built. I'm hearing there is a noticibale difference in torque between the 625 & 710 w/ the 710 being very strong. Ultimately I think it depends on what boat they are in (large Vee Hull vs a midsize cat etc).

I'm w/ you Bob rather have N/A over a blower.

How come you just don't have the motor guys at the the race shop put togeather some monter motors for you? And I agree the fact that they get 700 hp out of them with no blowers is great and the way to go, can't wait to see the drive I hope its better than the platinum

I do not want the trouble of blowers they look cool but to much work. cosmic is right 700 without is the way to go I have heard about the drive and am waiting to see also still looking for the right boat

Quent Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    2010 Lavey 2750, Whipple 1000
    Loudon, TN

Ilmor 710

I have a 710 in a '07 Lavey Craft 24 bow rider. There are about 55 hours on it so far and I am very pleased. One of the reasons that I chose the Ilmor is that it is a turn key package with a warranty and no blower. I 've been down the blower road and although it is a viable one, I will stay n/a in the future. Mercury has to Whipple their 700 to get the same hp.

The 710 will idle at about 800 rpm and I can cruise with my wife or wimpy friends at 20 mph all day and then dump them at the dock and run 6300 rpm for an hour, pull back up to the dock and load the crew back up for an evening cruise at 20 mph. My point is that the engine does'nt seem to care, doesn't overheat, load up, cough, or act stupid after having the guts run out of it, idle for 30 minutes or cruise at low rpm.

There are other alternatives that are good. But part of all of us who boat is to personalize our rig. We paint, accessorise, use monster sound, etc. to have an individualized boat. Part of that is, obviously, the engine. The look, sound, and performance of the Ilmor is right for me. I must also say that the crew at Ilmor has been exceptional as well.

If you want you can see what Hot Boat had to say about my setup in the October '07 issue. To each his own. Boat safely.
    Last edited by Quent; 01-28-2008 at 02:06 PM.

My Boats:
    ~ Long Island ~ NY
    Be patient, a trans drive is in the works, tested this week. If you anything about Roger Penske, the Penske way & the their resources they only do things first class. (RP owns Ilmor Engineering)
    They are supposed to debut at Miami this year........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12