Notices

most incredible boat ride

Old 01-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default most incredible boat ride

I have been boating for over thirty years. this past week i had A once in a life time oppourtunity to go on A outerlimits 42GTX with 7 time world offshore champion richie powers. A legend in offshore racing, after getting some pointers from the champ he handed the wheel over to me we ran out of hullover inlet in miami. the seas were an easy 6-8 feet.I had my two children on board 8 and 11 years old, safety was A huge concern. but with the the the champ on board and his reassurance of the outerlimist ability I was at ease. the GTX cut through the seas like A sheet of glass at 70mph I was amazed at how easy the boat got on plane and its efficient use of power. after a while richie took the wheel and ran along the beach at 112mph on gps it was the smoothest and most comfortable ride i have experienced on a high performance boat. over the years i have owned at least 15 large high performance boats and nothing comes close to the outerlimits there boats are works of art with no doubt the finest of everything from interiors to engineering outerlimits boats are amazing. thanks to richie powers who is probably one of the most respected names in off shore racing ever, and thank you to the fiore family for building the finest machines on the water today, I have put my other boat on hold and am now ordering A new outer limits 47GTX
Old 01-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

sounded like a great experiance. Post pics of yours as it progresses. The GTX is one of my favorites, I like boats with a full windscreen like they have.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 01-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

WOW that sounds like a great once in a life time oppourtunity your one lucky guy LOL I would just love a ride in an Outerlimits in the water unsted of on the trailer sitting still
Old 01-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Sounds like fun!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

"" most comfortable ride i have experienced on a high performance boat. ""

so you went 112 mph in 6 to 8 footer's that's hard to believe with 2 small kid's on the boat . the water today was around 3 to 4 footer's in miami . that would be more like it at those speed's . " maybe "
it's crazy how some peaple size the wave's . i took someone out on my boat once and they thought it was 3 to 5 footer's i told him this is flat water for down here in south florida it was like 1 to 2 footer's at the same time he came from running on a flat lake so those 1 to 2 footer where hughe for him .
good luck with the new boat thow it will be a sweet ride
Old 01-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I gotta say the same thing. Having spent hundreds and hundreds of hours in small boats, offshore in the SEAL Teams, I'm not sure people really know what 8ft seas are. One thing is, your not going to run 100mph in them ,especially with kids in the back, and it sure in the hell won't be comfortable. Most people I have met, guess about double what the seas actually are.

Darrell.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read it as going through the inlet, maybe at the mouth, they were 6-8 footers, certainly not uncommon for that inlet. And the 112 was when they were buzzing the beach, I'm sure a lot smaller seas at that time. Just my interpretation, I could be wrong, but I'd like to go for a ride when he gets it!!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:31 PM
Registered

Who cares what the seas are,sounds like he had a good time which is what boating is all about! CHEERS
Old 01-30-2008, 06:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 366 Likes on 245 Posts

well said!
Old 01-30-2008, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
"" most comfortable ride i have experienced on a high performance boat. ""

so you went 112 mph in 6 to 8 footer's that's hard to believe with 2 small kid's on the boat . the water today was around 3 to 4 footer's in miami . that would be more like it at those speed's . " maybe "
it's crazy how some peaple size the wave's . i took someone out on my boat once and they thought it was 3 to 5 footer's i told him this is flat water for down here in south florida it was like 1 to 2 footer's at the same time he came from running on a flat lake so those 1 to 2 footer where hughe for him .
good luck with the new boat thow it will be a sweet ride
I read that the "water" was that size in the inlet...not outside of the inlet.....no????
and yes people always don't size "the water" correctly!!!
(Dan's dad here)

Quick Reply: most incredible boat ride

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.