Notices

toms rive NJ steep ramp?

Old 01-26-2008, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Toms River is very limited on boat ramps, most municipal ramps have been closed due to insurance reasons. If you don't want to dunk Typhoon Service Center has excellent rates for in and out service with a travel lift.
www.typhoonsc.com
Old 01-26-2008, 05:59 PM
Registered

Coty's ramp on fisher is good , friend used to have the service end of the business there when it was rispolis and just after coty bought it. Have used that ramp many times with the scarab and my buds 40 scarab , 40 hustler , 35 beak. Just don't think he'll let you park there , not even shure he'll even let you launch there anymore. Coty just wants to sell boats , not much for services. njgr8ful turned me on to a couple marinas in forked river last summer that worked out to be the shiz for me.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:02 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike 35 Fountain
I used Beachwood last year a few times with no problems,
however I think you need a permit. I don't know if they
enforce in winter, but in summer they have an officer
patrol pretty regular. ( no permit for me ....connections.)
Yes , You need a permit , Its $100.00 of the year.

Mike
Old 01-26-2008, 07:15 PM
Registered

the ramps in jersey suck....
Old 01-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Registered

Seaside Heights ramp over by the base of the Bridge. I put my Cafe Racer in and out of there a ton of times.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Registered

I use this ramp to launch and retrieve two of my boats every season and IMO would suggest you use a different ramp if you're looking for "steep" and "deep water." Unless it's high tide or close to it, you're very likely going to be churning up the bottom of the channel.

Originally Posted by Xchoke03
Seaside Heights ramp over by the base of the Bridge. I put my Cafe Racer in and out of there a ton of times.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hunster
Coty's ramp on fisher is good , friend used to have the service end of the business there when it was rispolis and just after coty bought it. Have used that ramp many times with the scarab and my buds 40 scarab , 40 hustler , 35 beak. Just don't think he'll let you park there , not even shure he'll even let you launch there anymore. Coty just wants to sell boats , not much for services. njgr8ful turned me on to a couple marinas in forked river last summer that worked out to be the shiz for me.
Hey Huntser, glad those work for you They are good, deep water, ramps on Forked River, but of course too far for Chris. We gotta hook up this summer at Tice's or the Captain's Inn or SouthWinds. Spring is comin' quick (I better get to work on mine!)
Old 01-27-2008, 08:22 AM
Registered

Default Thanks for the help guys

I looked at cutting the trailer down but could only gain about 2". I also thought about putting a smaller wheel / tire. there are 950x16.5's on the trailer now.

I am going to check out Beachwood. I know in Pine beach you need to be a resident to get a ramp permit. My friend lives there and I went over with him last year. Toms River is B.S. they spend tons of money changing their "name" to reflect their shore community nature but dont provide a decent ramp for their residents. If you need to be a resident in beachwood to get a permit that will rule that out.

As far as the other ramps:

the ramp in seaside by the 37 bridge looks like it's sand ??- I would be afraid of getting the trailer stuck.

As someone said - gilford park and IH are both lousy

Ocean gate and Good luck point are options but still a drive from the north side of TR I'll check them out as a backup

I will also check out the deal at Coty's

thanks for your help

Chris

Last edited by chrissbb; 01-27-2008 at 08:24 AM.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:27 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Chris

I live in Beachwood , I can help you out to get a permit.

Mike
Old 01-27-2008, 08:55 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I drug on that Coty Marine Ramp so I would say it steep, my trailer is kind of low. You guys in Jersey get banged hard on ramp charges the most you pay around here (Richmond VA) is $8

Quick Reply: toms rive NJ steep ramp?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.