Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Goldigger At Louisville Boat Show (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/178433-goldigger-louisville-boat-show.html)

LostinBoston 01-28-2008 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Pro1 (Post 2423136)
That is what you do with a running plug of what you are gonna to build.

A boat builder would usually build a running plug of what they are going to build. Basically a model to test before pulling a mold. If a builder never built a plug and ran the first model and find it has problems, they will need to make changes and probably modify the mold the exitsing mold if they can or build a whole new mold. I guess they call that tooling.

You can model test in towing tanks, and use CFD and get a very accurate measurements for how it will perform and handle.

glassdave 01-28-2008 05:44 PM

Didnt Michael Peters design that?

Boatlessbob 01-28-2008 05:48 PM

[ Spending millions (of a customers money) on a "running plug" is rediculous.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I thought:angry-smiley-038:

GATORONE 01-28-2008 05:49 PM

It's hull #2. A board full of know it all's

RunninHotRacing163.1 01-28-2008 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by GATORONE (Post 2423880)
It's hull #2. A board full of know it all's

UT - OH !!!!! :angry-smiley-038:

cosmic12 01-28-2008 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158 (Post 2423900)
UT - OH !!!!! :angry-smiley-038:

Yup!! now this thread will get poofed just like the one in the Cig threads about the bad X-dem on a new Gun, You can't discuss the top dogs in the bis they do no wrong and when you do poof its gone. AAAHHHH the boat bis :Whatever:

offshoredrillin 01-28-2008 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by cosmic12 (Post 2423920)
Yup!! now this thread will get poofed just like the one in the Cig threads about the bad X-dem on a new Gun, You can't discuss the top dogs in the bis they do no wrong and when you do poof its gone. AAAHHHH the boat bis :Whatever:

dude that isnt fair, the thread starter deleted they because they manufacturer is addressing it. I deleted mine because too many people want to gloat.

NJgr8ful 01-28-2008 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by cosmic12 (Post 2423920)

The TG thread in Cig section did not get 'poofed' :eureka: Thread author deleted because he said they were taking care of (granted .. suddenly :) ) the issue. ;)

NJgr8ful 01-28-2008 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by NJgr8ful (Post 2423972)
The TG thread in Cig section did not get 'poofed' :eureka: Thread author deleted because he said they were taking care of (granted .. suddenly :) ) the issue. ;)

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 2423967)
dude that isnt fair, the thread starter deleted they because they manufacturer is addressing it. I deleted mine because too many people want to gloat.

typing while you were :drink: