Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best way to lift boat off trailer (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/178617-best-way-lift-boat-off-trailer.html)

texaschopper 01-30-2008 05:37 PM

I see photo's of some of these big cats a few of you guys have on here and think to myself "wow"

Here is a good example of how buying one is only the beginning.

Any chance you could take a ride over to Port Everglades and find someone/company with a crane that might be willing to help you get it in the water?

bouyhunter 01-30-2008 05:53 PM

I can see why you were enjoying the Donzi sweet 16 so much.
That sounds like a freakin hassle just to go boating - which I thought was supposed to be relaxing.
I know, there's something to be said for doing 160 on the water, but for all the work/hassle involved to do it, for me it would take away from the pleasure.
I can't tell you how many times on this board I've seen people mention about a previous (smaller) boat that they sold, and wish they would have never sold it because it was so easy to go boating, didn't cost a fortune to maintain, they had more fun, etc. compared to the current boat.
Sorry Gino - didn't mean to step in, and sorry I'm not of any assistance to your question, just stating my opinion.
I think it's a helluva boat, but it sounds to be almost like a second job to enjoy it.

louietherigger 01-30-2008 05:55 PM

Hey Gino,
This sounds like a job for Louie"the Rigger" !! Question 1 do you have lifting eyes on the boat? If so, you can lift it with a travel lift at any good marina by removing the slings and hooking the hooks to short slings to the boat. Or any marina worth its salt will be able to lift and set your boat in the water.
The Gantries and Yard Arms have there place, but on a million dollar boat, I would use a proffesional and avoid an accident. Louie

PARADOX 01-30-2008 06:02 PM

2 Ray Anthony Intl
280 NW 12th Ave, Pompano Beach, FL 1.38mi
(954) 725-1404

General Crane USA Inc
1360 NW 33rd St, Pompano Beach, FL 2.99mi
(954) 973-3030

Transport Tech Inc
228 SW 21st Ter, Fort Lauderdale, FL 7.81mi
(954) 792-4975

Anthony Crane Rental-Florida
12500 NW 35th St, Boca Raton, FL 8.68mi
(954) 753-5728

Gold Coast Crane Svc Inc Website
4450 N 29th Ave, Hollywood, FL 12.73mi
(954) 525-4186

14540 68th St N, Loxahatchee, FL 38.43mi
(561) 333-5359

800 W McNab Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 1.57mi
(954) 970-9332

Call Anthony Crane, They OK. I know them.

fountain4play 01-30-2008 06:10 PM

Either that of stop by one of the local lumber yards, they probably have a nice big forklift that might be able to do the trick...from what I've heard there's not a whole lot of building going on these days...that or someone with some air jacks, but don't know if you have the clearance on the sides of your tilt....

phragle 01-30-2008 06:20 PM

you could be always become a zen master or whatever carradine played on kung fu and levitate it...just free your mind and concentrate grasshopper!!!! as Mr. Myagi said.."boat on-boat off"

LapseofReason 01-30-2008 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2426384)
I would think he has to keep it at the Benz dealership as part of the sponsorship?

Fresh water in Florida? Is there such a thing? (really- thought it was all salt?)

$11/gal fuel- that is an hell of an idle!

All of this with no disrespect too Gino, and just a guess.

1 He keeps it at a Benz. dealer hoping somebody with more money than sense will buy it because it looks like the car he has.

2 sorry it's the ST.Johns river but without knowing where he is or wants to boat it may be fresh, brackish.

3 I would hope he has them set up for pump gas when just boating and not at a poker run or needing to go as fast as it can. So $3.50 a gal. and when you have over 2 mil in the 3 boats he has gas money is not what you think about its going boating.

4 He clearly has the coin, he F's more stuff up in a year costing more than most of us payed for our boats and posts it on here for us to laugh at. Witch by the way I love to read, it makes me feel better about the crap I break.

5 I still think a lift or boatel is the best, towing big boats around sucks with all the NON drivers out there.

1bagger 01-30-2008 07:59 PM

How much would your local Marina charge to lift your boat from your trailer into the water with a standard forklift ?
Can't be too out of line .
Seems to me like a proven safe method . JMO
Paul

dmaxx3500 01-30-2008 09:15 PM

ha,gino,id be happy to come down to fla and move both trailers for you,you could just meet me at the water,that way you wouldn't have any problems,i just want the book rights for the last 2 years of your life

packinair 01-30-2008 09:19 PM

save your self the trouble and just tie the back to a tree and drive out from under it. that way you save all the hassle and we get the next "only me" thread.. you can't fight fate:D