Best way to lift boat off trailer >

Best way to lift boat off trailer

Notices

Best way to lift boat off trailer

Old 01-31-2008, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The Menace
Results and utility can be determined by engineering and investment. Consider having the tilt trailer's framework sealed and pressureized. After each dunking wash the trailer's external components with Salt-A-Way. Problem solved.

You would think a trailer of that class and price should be sealed and pressurized from the factory.
That does sound like an excellent solution. Obviously you know what your talking about. Who exactly would Seal and pressurize the framework? I'm sure a welder could seal it but the pressurize part I wouldn't have a clue who does that. What about the hydraulic rams and the salt?
Old 01-31-2008, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

un hook winch... reverse towards ramp at 40mph.... hit brakes.... boat in water and the trailer is dry....

ill take the lambo as payment for my ingenuity
Old 01-31-2008, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your right on the welder Gino, pressurizing it only consist of putting an air stem somewhere in the tubing with a pressure guage on it. Some trailers come with this and it is no big deal. The rams should be fine as they are collapsed when you have the boat flat.
In the mean time, the factory uses 2 a-frames with large wheels to move the boats off and on the trailers. Just use the lifting eyes if you have them, straps if not. Works very nice.
R U going to St. Pete in March?
Old 01-31-2008, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
That does sound like an excellent solution. Obviously you know what your talking about. Who exactly would Seal and pressurize the framework? I'm sure a welder could seal it but the pressurize part I wouldn't have a clue who does that. What about the hydraulic rams and the salt?

Hydraulic cylinders are available with Stainless rods.
The electronics and pumps could be relocated forward.

Adding pressure to the rails could be done by any compatent
welder. Once presurized they would do a dunk test and
locate the leaks and reseam them.

I,m with Dennis on this one great idea.
Truthfully If I couldnt dunk my trailer My boat would be useless. I would hate relying on others.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 44MTI
Your right on the welder Gino, pressurizing it only consist of putting an air stem somewhere in the tubing with a pressure guage on it. Some trailers come with this and it is no big deal. The rams should be fine as they are collapsed when you have the boat flat.
In the mean time, the factory uses 2 a-frames with large wheels to move the boats off and on the trailers. Just use the lifting eyes if you have them, straps if not. Works very nice.
R U going to St. Pete in March?
Thank you! I will be in St Pete! Can't wait! Mercedes is going to have a display there as well. Should be a great time! Are you going to the Manufactures run? That is always a great run as well!!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:10 AM
Registered

I wish I could, I will be at the show though Wed-Sunday. Looking forward to seeing you there and your boat in St. Pete.
Michael
Old 01-31-2008, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

I think you should sell that tilt trailer real cheap and problem solved. I have an aluminum I will trade you. Never rust....
Old 01-31-2008, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Old 01-31-2008, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if your boat has lifting eyes like a race boat, you can use a travel lift with spreader bars and straps at most any marina with a travel lift
Old 02-03-2008, 07:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I'm sure a welder could seal it but the pressurize part I wouldn't have a clue who does that. What about the hydraulic rams and the salt?

It wouldn't take much time to do it when building a new trailer but doing a tilt trailer after it was built would be a challenge. Each independent section would have to be sealed and pressurized seperately. Quite the job at this point. Plan it on your next one.

Quick Reply: Best way to lift boat off trailer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.