Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Florida: A Boating Paradise! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/178659-florida-boating-paradise.html)

BajaFresh 01-31-2008 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry (Post 2427412)
BF,
It's funny, Lake Mead is on the top of my list, of lakes to boat on, when we win the Lotto and we go boating all summer long, all over the US!:D
Dean

Well Dean, how about a house / boat exchange? You can come out here and use my boat and house (15 minutes from Mead, 20 from the strip) for a week and I'll go to Florida and use yours! :D

Dean Ferry 01-31-2008 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by BajaFresh (Post 2427425)
Well Dean, how about a house / boat exchange? You can come out here and use my boat and house (15 minutes from Mead, 20 from the strip) for a week and I'll go to Florida and use yours! :D

Such a DEAL! :D
Heck you would even get to chose which one of our boats to use, the Nordic, or the Seadoo. Don't laugh about the seadoo, it'll do 50 mph with 2 people and a tank full of gas, and you can go WOT and just whip it 180 Deg.! We have more fun in that little boat......
Dean

Baja_Bigdog 01-31-2008 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by UNSANE (Post 2426931)
Looks perfect........but don't get in!!!!!! CHOMP CHOMP!!!

Yeah...I remember one time we were in my brothers 17 Checkmate on the river and we saw a huge gator swimming across, so we stopped to get a closer look and when the boat got closer, this gator would stop and turn as to take on the boat....he was about the same size as the boat, at least 17 ft long too. :p

Baja_Bigdog 01-31-2008 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry (Post 2427488)
Such a DEAL! :D
Heck you would even get to chose which one of our boats to use, the Nordic, or the Seadoo. Don't laugh about the seadoo, it'll do 50 mph with 2 people and a tank full of gas, and you can go WOT and just whip it 180 Deg.! We have more fun in that little boat......
Dean

You guys would have to set some rules about leaving pecker tracks all over though...:D

That's a nice area...had a friend that had a house on a canal just south of the park at 520 and the Bannana river (Kelly park maybe) the Manatee would drink right from his garden hose.:cool-smiley-011:

Dean Ferry 01-31-2008 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Outlaw_30 (Post 2427522)
You guys would have to set some rules about leaving pecker tracks all over though...:D

That's a nice area...had a friend that had a house on a canal just south of the park at 520 and the Bannana river (Kelly park maybe) the Manatee would drink right from his garden hose.:cool-smiley-011:

Yep,
That would be Kelley Park, I used to use the boat ramp all the time, nice little park for the kids to play in, while launching/recovering the boat.
Dean

Baja_Bigdog 01-31-2008 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry (Post 2427548)
Yep,
That would be Kelley Park, I used to use the boat ramp all the time, nice little park for the kids to play in, while launching/recovering the boat.
Dean

Yes....very nice park and ramp too. The channel out to the river was a little shallow...maybe they have improved that now. Is the whole Bannana river idle speed now? I remember the cops gave a couple buddies tickets for going too fast(above idle) in the channel to the park basin. FL water cops can be a *****!

We liked to use the ramp just east of the lock too, if you wanted to go right out into the ocean.

Dean Ferry 01-31-2008 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Outlaw_30 (Post 2427574)
Yes....very nice park and ramp too. The channel out to the river was a little shallow...maybe they have improved that now. Is the whole Bannana river idle speed now? I remember the cops gave a couple buddies tickets for going too fast(above idle) in the channel to the park basin. FL water cops can be a *****!

We liked to use the ramp just east of the lock too, if you wanted to go right out into the ocean.

Nope,
the Manatee zones are along the shores and some of the channels, and yeah the cops do hang out @ Kelley Park, Sat. and Sunday afternoons looking to write tickets.
Dean

Baja_Bigdog 01-31-2008 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Outlaw_30 (Post 2427522)

I meant 528, what they called the Bee Line(i heard they changed it to Bee something)
We would run south from his house on the Bananna river and go to this bar/ resturant at the 520 bridge.

I miss that area....hows the economy there now??

Baja_Bigdog 01-31-2008 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry (Post 2427581)
Nope,
the Manatee zones are along the shores and some of the channels, and yeah the cops do hang out @ Kelley Park, Sat. and Sunday afternoons looking to write tickets.
Dean

Wow...that's not so bad then...someone told me it was all idle zone now.

How about the canal from the lock to the intracoastal??

Dean Ferry 01-31-2008 12:21 PM

How about the canal from the lock to the intracoastal??[/QUOTE]

That is all idle now, hence my name in my profile!:mad:

We live off sykes creek, and we leave our dock, head south down thru Kiwanas Basin, down thru Newfound Harbor, and into the Banana River. It's about a 15-20 minute idle that direction, 40 minutes the other way thru the barge canal.
Dean