Notices

Something to think about

Old 01-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
WOW.
That's a real eye opener.
I can't say I even have that much to lose, but very scary none the less.
Man, I'm feeling for you.
It's a shame what this world has come to.
I agree 100% What happens when you have a country thats run by lawyers.................. surely they wouldn't do anything to raise their fees. And were like a bunch of donkeys taking it right up the arse as we watch, its hopeless. Only now the oil and insurance companies are getting in on it so its like a triple WAMMY.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's why I don't take clowns for rides. You always wanted to ride in one? Get a better job, these things aren't cheap and I don't think you can afford it on a butchers salary. I take friends, close friends and that's it. And when they come down the dock with some hotties that really want to go for a ride we take a quick idle back past the reeds if you know what I mean.

My keep my boats in an LLC just in case. And that's still little protection just another layer.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get asked for rides all the time - from people just walking up on the dock. Those suckers can sue for tripping getting into the boat. I always say no way. Makes you look like a dick - but then again I usually am a dick so its ok.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Example:

I was in a Velocity (I think it was the 35'/36')with the late Hurley Stepp at the wheel during the 1994 Miami Boat Show. There was also two military contractors (people who outfit boats for the armed services) on board. I was in the middle bolster in the back seat, and one of the contractors was in the front stand up bolster.

We crossed a large Sport Fishing boat wake at probably 75+ mph. I knew we weren't going to land very nice so I braced myself but the non-experienced boater (the military contractor) in the front seat was thrown into the cabin door when the boat landed. It was a very violent landing. The contractor acted as if he were OK, but I could he was pretty banged up, as well as the interior of the boat was now damaged too.

The demo ride example in post #10, reminded me of this with the Miami Boat show just around the corner. The slogan alwasy was " buyer beware, but with this thread it could become "seller beware - someone could sue you for an unforeseen persoanl injury when they were on your boat."

Or in h20 toie's experience "good guys can't win."

Last edited by Smarty; 01-31-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by apppedigree
I get asked for rides all the time - from people just walking up on the dock. Those suckers can sue for tripping getting into the boat. I always say no way. Makes you look like a dick - but then again I usually am a dick so its ok.
And you know, I'd really like to take some of these people for a ride - I used to do it all the time. Maybe turn someone else on to the sport. F'em now.
Then again, now-a-days, I'm usually a dick too.
You're not alone.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

I have a million dollar umbrella along with the regular boat insuarnce policy.
My mechanic and I were out, took a roller bad under the bay bridge, he had been drinking and wound up with 38 stitches in his face. he didnt sue, but it really made me think. If I have any doubt of a persons ability, i keep the sticks back, not worth the aggrevation. If they say they havent riden in a fast boat I'll give them a ride, but not a fast one, the boat is fast, not their ride. Its all about control, or the illusion thereof.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

"boat"...Yea...Right....

Dude, you're not given up the Harley are you!? That's B.S.!!!
Attached Thumbnails Something to think about-aimg_7468.jpg  
Old 01-30-2008, 09:06 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

make sure they die and dump the body
Old 01-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
"boat"...Yea...Right....

Dude, you're not given up the Harley are you!? That's B.S.!!!
Is that the car in this incident?
Old 01-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Is that the car in this incident?
I don't know.... But it could be.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.