Default formula

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
No hours?
low hours
Old 01-31-2008, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnlomant
The new flame is wood free and also available in carbon fiber and kevlar. I would do some research before opening your mouth.

Johnlomant,

Thanks for correcting knot for me. I was pretty sure that they were wood-free now. A few here have said it's not good in rough water......any input on that?

Last edited by TCBoss302; 01-31-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by johnlomant
The new flame is wood free and also available in carbon fiber and kevlar. I would do some research before opening your mouth.
Unless the boat was just built, it has wood in it. If he is ordering a boat, then yes, the Flame would be wood free. If the boat is a stock boat then it more than likely has wood in it. If you want to contribute, do it in a less confrontational tone. I'm well aware of Nordic's recent change in ownership and their move to eliminating all wood in their boats. Bob Llyod just recently took delivery of a 35 Flame mid-open and it has wood in it. According to Bob, his Flame should have been the last one with wood. From reading the original post, it appears to me he is looking at in-stock boats.

Here is the link to Bob's Flame he picked up in December.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...=175232&page=2

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 01-31-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:01 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few here have said it's not good in rough water......any input on that?

I dont think its a 24 degree hull, and it has a pad of some sort I believe. Im sure its a good rough water boat, but not near as deep, built, and as heavy as the formula. Look at the pic of it running with all those guys. They have quite a bit of torso sticking above the sides. I would get a deeper boat if I could. AT33
Old 01-31-2008, 03:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cat man do
Look At The Construction Of Both Boats And Read About Them. I Look At Both Boats And See No Comparison Execpt They Both Float.
Cat man do,

Would you like to elaborate??? Are you talking about construction? As I said in my original post, they both have the key things that I want in a boat and they are in the same price range with the same motors. I would say that they are very comparable!!

Last edited by TCBoss302; 01-31-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:08 PM
Registered

safety, speed, creature comforts.......roomy cabin and cockpit (we overnight a few times a year) towable, large sunpad, dependability, RESALE VALUE, etc. Thoughts?
I'm a Formula owner, know nothing about Nordic, but I'm going to say look at Active Thunder. If you're buying a new boat, and "RESALE VALUE" as you have it capitalzed is a big consideration, you're not going to be happy with anything in this market.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Johnlomant,

Thanks for correcting knot for me. I was pretty sure that they were wood-free now. A few here have said it's not good in rough water......any input on that?
My comment on the ride comes from the guy that used to sell them at LOTO some time ago. One of the reasons they didn't catch on down there was that they didn't do as well in the slop of the main channel as other boats of similar size. It is not that they were not good in rough water, rather it was that they were not as good as some of their counterparts at the lake. That was 10 years ago or so. Things could be different today. That is why a sea trial of both boats should be a must to see what you think.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:16 PM
Registered

Johnlomant,

Only Ocean here ....the boat runs great in the rough stuff and Poker Runs......see pics I put up.......Sick Nordic will jump in here soon I bet......He loved that boat.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by handfulz28
I'm a Formula owner, know nothing about Nordic, but I'm going to say look at Active Thunder. If you're buying a new boat, and "RESALE VALUE" as you have it capitalzed is a big consideration, you're not going to be happy with anything in this market.
YUP Active Thunder is a great choice as well the 33 or 37 are HUGE....very deep 24 deg bottoms........I can send you a full bruchure and pricing if you PM me your address ......
Old 01-31-2008, 03:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TSPM
YUP Active Thunder is a great choice as well the 33 or 37 are HUGE....very deep 24 deg bottoms........I can send you a full bruchure and pricing if you PM me your address ......
TSPM,

The fact that you carry both AT and Nordic says a lot. Typically, I would think that a dealer would not carry 2 brands of the same style and quality boat that would compete. So, which ones better in your opinion? What about price difference?

Quick Reply: Nordic 35 vs. Formula 353

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.