Notices

Nordic 35 vs. Formula 353

Old 01-31-2008, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
TSPM,

The fact that you carry both AT and Nordic says a lot. Typically, I would think that a dealer would not carry 2 brands of the same style and quality boat that would compete. So, which ones better in your opinion? What about price difference?
I have always liked the looks of the 35 Flame,very sexy.And it seems the used market prices are reasonable.
Last winter we had a tour of the AT facility in Pompano and looked at the new 33 and 2 37s.They are very impressive boats with strong resale and are very well thought out(storage,cabin layout,cockpit comfort. Id own one.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:14 PM
Registered

TSPM,

The fact that you carry both AT and Nordic says a lot. Typically, I would think that a dealer would not carry 2 brands of the same style and quality boat that would compete. So, which ones better in your opinion? What about price difference?
They are both great boats and very well made ...... they do however have some differences between them. I would truly need to go over what you are looking for in the boat you decide to purchase.......that will help bridge the gap so to speak between the two MFG's. From reading your posts though, it seems the AT fits your needs the best......it is sort of a hybrid between a Nordic (speed & sexy EURO styling ) and the more conventional (ocean smooth with classic lines and comfort ) as the Formula....AT is the best of both worlds in this comparison.

The two lines are have a similar price structure as well.

Last edited by TSPM; 01-31-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:18 PM
Registered

TSPM,

One more thing.....they do not compete with each other.....they do however compliment each other...... One is East Coast the other West Coast. A Nordic buyer is not interested in an AT and the AT buyer is not looking for a Nordic. Look at other performance boat dealers...they carry CIGARETTE, MTI ,OL DONZI and so on all under the same roof.

Last edited by TSPM; 01-31-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Unless the boat was just built, it has wood in it. If he is ordering a boat, then yes, the Flame would be wood free. If the boat is a stock boat then it more than likely has wood in it. If you want to contribute, do it in a less confrontational tone. I'm well aware of Nordic's recent change in ownership and their move to eliminating all wood in their boats. Bob Llyod just recently took delivery of a 35 Flame mid-open and it has wood in it. According to Bob, his Flame should have been the last one with wood. From reading the original post, it appears to me he is looking at in-stock boats.

Here is the link to Bob's Flame he picked up in December.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...=175232&page=2
Sorry not trying to be a dick I just love Nordics products and with the new owners there boats are bad ass. I just think for the money it is the best bang for the buck.

Last edited by johnlomant; 01-31-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

I'd go with the formula, but I can't say I've been in either one. I've been in smaller boats of both companies. Can't say that I've read bad about either, I just don't care for the west coast look. I will aslo take a heavier boat over a smaller one, kind of biased as my 28 is one of the heaviest, but I hear she drives like a 35.....we shall see. Speed is all relative, 55-65 in the snot feels like 70 in the calm and theres always someone faster. Let us know what you get.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:58 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you are intrested in a Nordic contact Carl or John @ Unlimited Marine in Jamestown, KY. 270 343 6911.They are great to deal with. Carl is tied up @ the Louisville Boat show until next week. Just a short drive up US127 from Chattanooga.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:31 PM
Registered

Like a lot of these people have been saying, you should take a ride in one. I have an 05, 35' Nordic in Ft. Myers, Florida and I'd be glad to take you for a ride and then you can see for yourself how well the Nordic handles and how fast it is. The boat is for sale on OSO Classifieds if you would like to see pictures.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 35 nordic was an unbelievable good boat .It rode good ,flew level and was fast as hell for a boat with 525's. I can not comment on the 35 formula except that I have been in the cockpit of the 38 and I don't think it is any bigger than my nordic was. So to me why not get the extra speed? By the way the AT is on my next list of boats to buy!
Old 01-31-2008, 11:31 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

In short.
Nordic.. faster. lighter.. ok in slop but will bounce more. sporty lines,. less creature conforts then the 353.
Formula.. slower .. heavier, larger windshield,,, better, nicer and more ammeneties... good in rough water.

Camaro VS Cadi. both designed for different users.

Check Hustlers also,, but I agree.. AT's will fill both worlds.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:41 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Formula is the Mercedes Benz of production boats, compared to the custom/limited production Ferraris' which in my opinion are Cigarette, Outerlimits, and Nortech.

I store my brother in law's 353 Fastech with 500s and that boat is extremely well built with every creature comfort available.

I crushed 4-6 seas for 70 miles from the Dry Tortugas to Key West in absolute comfort thanks to the McLeod bolsters and power foot rests.

I appreciate the lines of the 35 Flame, just not a huge fan of the west coast scene.

Quick Reply: Nordic 35 vs. Formula 353

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.