Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best route from MS Gulfcoast to Maryland.... >

Best route from MS Gulfcoast to Maryland....

Notices

Best route from MS Gulfcoast to Maryland....

Old 02-01-2008, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best route from MS Gulfcoast to Maryland....

On the 13th of Feb, I will be making a run up to the Baltimore area to pick up a Sonic. Mapquest has the route going from here in the Gulfport area up I-59, over & up I-81 all the way into Baltimore. It definetly looks like the "shortest" way, & travel shouldn't be too bad not pulling.....
After looking at the road atlas, I'm wondering if I may be better off coming back on I-95, down to I-20, & back over to MS. I'm just wondering if that route would be easier pulling a boat, & not having to go thru the mountains. I've not been past Knoxville, so I don't know how the travel is up past there on I-81. Anyone made that trip in the past that might be able to share a bit of insight on it?
Old 02-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Registered

That a nice pic of the 525sc,Congrat's Rick...Take care of her.....
Old 02-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

I would probably do the 95 trip. I 81 has a ton of mountains and a pretty boring ride.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didnt you take 81 to TN for the race. If thats case take 95.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by creeper
That a nice pic of the 525sc,Congrat's Rick...Take care of her.....
Thanks, I can't wait to get up there to see it.....You definetly took very good care of it, & it shows from the pics.
I'm sure I'll be picking your brain from time to time on what needs to be done to it for maintenance...Thanks again for taking time out to chat with me about it, that definetly helped with the decision...
Old 02-01-2008, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by BobbyB
I would probably do the 95 trip. I 81 has a ton of mountains and a pretty boring ride.
That is what I was thinking....I really wasn't looking forward to dragging a boat back thru there.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Registered

Congrats on the sonic i had my eye on that one and when the price dropped i knew someone was gonna snatch it up.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
Congrats on the sonic i had my eye on that one and when the price dropped i knew someone was gonna snatch it up.
I had been doing ALOT of tire kicking since I sold the Donzi....I thought I was ready to make a deal on a bigger boat, & then this deal pops up, I didn't see where I could go wrong, it's alot of boat for the money, & it definetly was taken care of...I'm really looking forward to getting it....
Thanks
Old 02-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rangerrick63
I had been doing ALOT of tire kicking since I sold the Donzi....I thought I was ready to make a deal on a bigger boat, & then this deal pops up, I didn't see where I could go wrong, it's alot of boat for the money, & it definetly was taken care of...I'm really looking forward to getting it....
Thanks
When im ready to pull the trigger its going to be a prowler I think it changes all the time but i keep going back to the sonic. i love the lines and the usable cabin.Unless i can find a nice 28' Apache that i don't have to win the lottery to buy.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rangerrick63
On the 13th of Feb, I will be making a run up to the Baltimore area to pick up a Sonic. Mapquest has the route going from here in the Gulfport area up I-59, over & up I-81 all the way into Baltimore. It definetly looks like the "shortest" way, & travel shouldn't be too bad not pulling.....
After looking at the road atlas, I'm wondering if I may be better off coming back on I-95, down to I-20, & back over to MS. I'm just wondering if that route would be easier pulling a boat, & not having to go thru the mountains. I've not been past Knoxville, so I don't know how the travel is up past there on I-81. Anyone made that trip in the past that might be able to share a bit of insight on it?
If I were you, I would go the way you have mapped out because it is 100 miles closer and you don't have to go through Atlanta, and depending on your final routes, you can eliminate D.C if you want. Both of those are the pits as far as I'm concerned. Since you are going up empty, that would let you decide if you wanted to come back that way as you would know what you are up against.

Quick Reply: Best route from MS Gulfcoast to Maryland....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.