Notices

Evinrude Engines

Old 02-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FeverMike
? explain
listen i sell all three (Evinrude, Mercury, and Yamaha)
Brp is a Canadian company that builds its engines in wisconsin. Mercury is an american company that is slowly moving to China. they own a plant with tohatsu. Only the verado, optimax, and the racing outboards are still made in fon du lac. The customer has spoken. look at what has happened to Mercury`s market share over the last few years. The biggest asset Mercury has is Brunswick`s ability to buy boat builders.

And living in Ohio i do consider Toyota and Honda American vehicles. They are built by and feeding Americans.

Last edited by outdrive man; 02-05-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Toyota and Honda are not American Company's, yes they have plants in the U.S. however the revenue goes directly into there pockets overseas. If the american public would open there eyes and see that we as a country would be in better shape. Instead of buying foreign cars, trucks and other products go buy an American car. American cars are awsome. The "propaganda" is japanize or other foreign products are of better quality. B.S. Also the american worker is and has had a ton of benifets that have managed to hurt our industry. I am sure in time when the workers at toyota start to retire and need there pentions and health care they will see the struggle that our manufactures are facing. Or better idea. When is the last time a japanize or korean drove his Grand Cherokee to work? For every car they ship here why dont we ship equal quanitys of our cars there?
Old 02-05-2008, 01:40 PM
RBT
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

There are more American parts in a Toyota Tundra than a GM....
Unions are driving the Big3 to move production elsewhere, at that they build crap.

BTW, I drive a new Jeep Grand Cherokee.. my 7th in a row
Old 02-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fountainracing65
Sorry Toyota and Honda are not American Company's, yes they have plants in the U.S. however the revenue goes directly into there pockets overseas. If the american public would open there eyes and see that we as a country would be in better shape. Instead of buying foreign cars, trucks and other products go buy an American car. American cars are awsome. The "propaganda" is japanize or other foreign products are of better quality. B.S. Also the american worker is and has had a ton of benifets that have managed to hurt our industry. I am sure in time when the workers at toyota start to retire and need there pentions and health care they will see the struggle that our manufactures are facing. Or better idea. When is the last time a japanize or korean drove his Grand Cherokee to work? For every car they ship here why dont we ship equal quanitys of our cars there?
So do you have an issue with some one that drives a Saab, Volvo? Do you have an issue with some one that buys a chrysler?
Old 02-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Registered

why would I have an issue with Chrysler? American company.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Registered

God bless America.....and no place else!
Old 02-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Registered

Saab is GM....money looser
Volvo is Ford......money looser
Whats your point?
Old 02-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Chrysler is German owned...... that is my point. You buy a Chrysler and the proceeds are going to Germany but you thought they were US based. Would you rather that I buy a Saab or Volvo just because GM/Ford ownes part of it, but it is built in Sweeden, or a Toyota that was designed in the US, Built in the US and most of the parts come from the US (more so then most trucks, and puts Americans to work. Do you know how many Americans own stock in Toyota? I have no idea but there is nothing stopping you from buying it, just like there is nothing stopping forigners from buying stock in Ford and GM. All things being equal I would buy the truck or car that puts more Americans to work not were the company is based.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:08 PM
RBT
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

audiofn that is a great answer and exactly correct.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Last I remember reading about 20% of all "American" companies are forign owned. GM in fact was looking to be purchased by French Renault.

Quick Reply: Evinrude Engines

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.