If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Forum Regulator VIP Member Sydwayz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37' Active Thunder AVH; 17' Speedliner Cat OB

Smoke/Fire detector with remote alerter for Boat storage building

My "Toy Box" aka boat/truck storage building is 400 feet from the house. I am looking for a device that will send a notice to an alerter placed inside the house in case a problem ever arises. Is anyone familiar with any type of device like this? We have driveway motion sensors with an alerter in the house, and I am looking for virtually the same thing, except for smoke/fire.

Thanks in advance.

check with any alarms company they have those,

My Boats:
    31 scarab
    Quote Originally Posted by orss View Post
    check with any alarms company they have those,
    yep,, they can put can put in an fire/alarm system and tie it into your home alarm.

Platinum Member Platinum Member fountain4play's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Nor-Tech 3600 SuperCat "Suppression"
    Omaha - LOTO
    It can be done a couple of different ways, one would be to have a small fire alarm panel in the building and have the alarm contacts monitored to your security panel in the house via a circuit from the Security Panel to the Fire Alarm. Almost all security panels have this capability or you can have a Fire Alarm panel the ties into a dialer through telephone lines and call your house or call list if there is an alarm. I'd check with the people who do you Security System they should have several options that would work.
    "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid"

Lynch Mob Racing Platinum Member Hot Duck's Avatar
    My Boats:
    39' Cigarette Top Gun, Donzi 22 Classic, 36 Yellowfin
    Ocean City, MD
    Try any of the companies like ADT or Brinks. Our home system automatically calls out to the monitoring company in the event of a security, fire or CO alarm activation. They might be able to set it up to call you instead of them, but I personally would let it call them so that they can call the Police or Fire Department at the same time they are calling you.

One more benefit. If the monitoring company cannot reach you (if you are out on the boat or out of town), they will go down a call list provided by you until they get somebody to go to the toy box and take care of the problem. Heck, even if they can't reach anybody on your list you will still have the Police and/or Fire Department coming to take care of things in your absence.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

My Boats:
    43' Black Thunder, 39' Scorpion, 24' Empress, 10' Bonanza
    West Michigan
    On our ADT if any of the zone alarms trip, in the shop 150 feet away or in the house, it doesn't matter if fire, breakin, CO, it will call ADT and the two sirens, one outside one inside, will go off. They are loud!!

My Boats:
    96 292 REGAL
    South Bend IN
    smoke detector and a plug in baby monitor. You can hear if someone breaks in also.