Notices

Cincinnati Boating

Old 02-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug
You have to watch out at the goat bar for the Powerquest named Blonds Preferred. That guy is pretty wild and loves to buy everybody drinks all night. I heard he is really loaded.
Doug good to hear from you.

I don't know about being loaded with the stock market in the shape it is. Took a pretty good beating in January but by the time summer comes I will be OK. Needs to get backup so I can afford the fuel and drinks this summer. Are you going to the boat show in Miami? Leaving thursday morning from Cape Coral staying in Ft Lauderdale until Sunday want to meet up if you are down there? Been at the townhouse since January 4th staying until March 30th then heading home.

Steve
Old 02-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain44
great place to live and boat Suggest the west side bridgetown,cleves (north bend) harrison. nice and laid back
West Side is the best side
Old 02-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've been in Cinci area for 5 years now, but can't say I've boated here yet. But, that'll change this year
I'm sure it'll be a lot different than what I was used to on Erie.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Barges, currents, logs, dirty water - we go over the Ohio and just keep driving to get to Cumberland - one of the finest lakes in the country. There are many marinas to keep your boat at but the west end of the lake is bar far better. Cumberland is clean and deep.

But if you don't have the 3 hours it takes to get to Cumberland then the Ohio will float your boat - but it'll have a scum line on it when you take it out

Put it this way, Cumberland is full of people from Cincy, Columbus, Indianapolis and Louisville who have tried boating the Ohio and much prefer Cumberland.

Last edited by Marginmn; 02-09-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Barges, currents, logs, dirty water - we go over the Ohio and just keep driving to get to Cumberland - one of the finest lakes in the country. There are many marinas to keep your boat at but the west end of the lake is bar far better. Cumberland is clean and deep.

But if you don't have the 3 hours it takes to get to Cumberland then the Ohio will float your boat - but it'll have a scum line on it when you take it out
I would expect you to be running North to Michigan or Erie from Indy.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
I would expect you to be running North to Michigan or Erie from Indy.
Mich is too darn cold, Erie is too darn erie when bad weather crops up. People who have boated darn near everywhere say there is nothing quite like Cumberland. The only drawback is the lack of bars on the water - but there is just as much partying done on the docks. The marinas have covered slips and many people spend the evenings on their boats at the docks. It's worth checking out for those who have never experienced it.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Registered

Btw, I was born and raised in the greater Cincinnati area - Erlanger, on the kY side. My family spent many a day boating on the Ohio. We enjoyed it until we found Cumberland.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CigBoat
West Side is the best side
thats what i'm saying
Old 02-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Registered

Mich is too darn cold, Erie is too darn erie when bad weather crops up. People who have boated darn near everywhere say there is nothing quite like Cumberland. The only drawback is the lack of bars on the water - but there is just as much partying done on the docks. The marinas have covered slips and many people spend the evenings on their boats at the docks. It's worth checking out for those who have never experienced it.
Erie is fun!!! I grew up there. Running out of Toledo.
Loved the Maumee River, and playing out in the bay.
Ever been to Woodtick Island??
The weather is part of the challenge on Erie.

Btw, I was born and raised in the greater Cincinnati area - Erlanger, on the kY side. My family spent many a day boating on the Ohio. We enjoyed it until we found Cumberland.
I lived in Erlanger when we first got transplanted here - right off Turkeyfoot Rd.
Living in Hebron now.

I've been to Cumberland, and it still doesn't match up to Erie for me.
It's nice, but it's not like running Erie.
It's scary, yet very relaxing when you can get out on the water and not see land in sight. All the BS that is back on land doesn't exist out there.
If the boat sank, you wouldn't even know which way to swim.

Cunberland - heavily patrolled by the fun police, and you don't get the solitude of just you and the water.

Very different experiences.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Cumberland - heavily patrolled by the fun police, and you don't get the solitude of just you and the water.
I grew up boating through my teens and twentys with quite a few houseboat trips and I can say my friends like to have fun and of being on the lake most weekends I have only been bothered twice and never had anything come of it just asked to settle down a little.

Quick Reply: Cincinnati Boating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.