Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cincinnati Boating (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/179264-cincinnati-boating.html)

32fever 02-06-2008 09:04 PM

Cincinnati Boating

We're considering a relocation to the Cincy area. Is there any advice anyone can offer regarding the area and what boating is in the area and what areas you may trailer to and how far away those are?

chuckd1025 02-06-2008 09:07 PM

Lake cumberland is the best area. Its about 3 hours away...HUGE lake HUGE partys :)

Wildman1 02-07-2008 07:40 AM

If you don't go to Lake Cumberland then you can run the Ohio River with the rest of us. Ninety miles from dam to dam. The best bar on the river is Ludlow Bromley Yacht Club, sometimes call the goat bar. Its the hangout for all the go fast boats on Saturday afternoon. Plenty of good looking women on Friday night with live bands every weekend. See ya there.

Doug 02-07-2008 04:48 PM

You have to watch out at the goat bar for the Powerquest named Blonds Preferred. That guy is pretty wild and loves to buy everybody drinks all night. I heard he is really loaded. :drink:

firstoffshore 02-07-2008 11:15 PM

Ohio River...there are a number of marinas in Cincinnati. We relocated from Michigan and ended up keeping our go-fast on a hydro-hoist at Four Seasons. You can also do in and out service at Rivertowne or trailer to a ramp. There are some really fast boats on the river.

ITLLFLI 02-08-2008 09:14 AM

As the previous have posted 3-4 hours south to Cumberland or 3 hours north to lake erie. We also have the Ohio River which has some great hot spots just not as clean for swimming and cooling off! Early and late in the year a lot of us get together for informal "shootouts" at a couple of small reseviors all within and hour.

Tons of options and a LOT of Hot Boats around!!

32fever 02-08-2008 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 2437127)
You have to watch out at the goat bar for the Powerquest named Blonds Preferred. That guy is pretty wild and loves to buy everybody drinks all night. I heard he is really loaded. :drink:

Anyone outside of MI probably actually still has a job, so they're technically all loaded to me, ESEPCIALLY the guys with those REALLY expensive Cigarette branded boats. :evilb:

Doug 02-08-2008 11:34 PM

Does this mean you will not hear me idling up and down the St Joe. river anymore from a mile away ?

You will love Cincy. My home town for 30 years. Milford actually. I'm now stuck in the corn fields of Indiana. Lots to do in Cincy. The fireworks from your boat are incredible just make sure the kids are asleep about the time it's over because it gets crazy. My mom and sister live there and I still go down allot so if you need any more info send me a PM and I'll try to help you out.

CigBoat 02-08-2008 11:45 PM

Pretty much what everyone else said!! It is not too bad of a place to be.

fountain44 02-09-2008 02:08 AM

great place to live and boat Suggest the west side bridgetown,cleves (north bend) harrison. nice and laid back