Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bow Thruster/Performance boat ?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/179319-bow-thruster-performance-boat.html)

ActiveThunder 02-07-2008 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by excursion (Post 2437372)
There is a 47 Fountain at Bluewater Yacht Sales that has one and it was awsome to see him leave the fuel dock sideways.

They really work!!

Well, James, you have to have one for the JJames to even back in the slips if there's wind, right? (ouch) Love you brutha!

ACTIVESHACK 02-07-2008 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder (Post 2437371)
faded carbon-fiber sunpad...... :evilb:

Easy now :angry-smiley-038:

ActiveThunder 02-07-2008 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK (Post 2437384)
Easy now :angry-smiley-038:

Yeah, I know.....

But we ARE taking in your faded CF on a brand new CF in your 43 with no depreciation, right?? :p

Diane and Lori can design the cabin and cockpit concepts!

We might not like it but if there's enough ponies at the back of the boat, who cares??!!?? :p:drink:

slboatdrinks 02-07-2008 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2437335)
They work great, I had one on my 07 43 Nor-Tech Yanmar boat. For some reason some one told me good for up to speeds of hull no more than 80-85mph. They can only take so much pounding and or speed, something like that.

We docked the 33 on Port engine alone, no power steering, against the wind, with no bow thrusters.........:evilb:

jeff32 02-07-2008 09:11 PM

you were lucky, did'nt you?:p

Stormrider 02-07-2008 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2437335)
They work great, I had one on my 07 43 Nor-Tech Yanmar boat. For some reason some one told me good for up to speeds of hull no more than 80-85mph. They can only take so much pounding and or speed, something like that.

johnny, i'd be checking into this seriously.
cutting through waves at speed, the water will get thrust up into the hull cut through, which doesnt seem very hydrodynamic. it sure would suck to have the hull get ripped open while underway... just a happy thought.:hitfan:

slboatdrinks 02-07-2008 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by jeff32 (Post 2437417)
you were lucky, did'nt you?:p

Nope, we threw JJ on the bow. :D

fabricator 02-07-2008 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider (Post 2437422)
johnny, i'd be checking into this seriously.
cutting through waves at speed, the water will get thrust up into the hull cut through, which doesnt seem very hydrodynamic. it sure would suck to have the hull get ripped open while underway... just a happy thought.:hitfan:

I wondered where the limits to those stresses are. My brother in law has a bow thruster on his Midnight Express, we've plowed it through some big water and it doesn't seem to hurt it any. Sure is nice to have a little help docking it in a heavy crosswind though!

excursion 02-07-2008 09:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder (Post 2437379)
Well, James, you have to have one for the JJames to even back in the slips if there's wind, right? (ouch) Love you brutha!

NOPE !!!! Don't need one , I will have all my AT Cult members there too help back TOP HEAVY!!!! I still have the AT in the Compound missing it has not set in yet, I get to see it every day.:D

jeff1000man 02-07-2008 10:26 PM

Talk to Bill Reeves at Victory Marine. He installed one in a very special boat that goes over 100. (V-Hull) I won't mention the name in case the driver is on this board.

It has been working great for years, and I guarantee that a lot of guys on this board have seen the boat and had no idea it was on there. I didn't when I noticed the hole in the bottom of the boat the other day when I was at the shop. It was in Key West last year and make a lot of poker runs around the county. High profile canopy boat.