Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   SPY PHOTOS - NEW Fountain 33 Lightning - Shogren (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/179432-spy-photos-new-fountain-33-lightning-shogren.html)

TexomaPowerboater 02-11-2008 12:08 PM

How much does it weigh? Deadrise still the same?

How is the new cabin? Its hard to tell from the pics. I can tell its nicer, but is it bigger or smaller than the old 32? If its bigger is there a noticable difference? Is the headroom the same as the old 32? How about the cockpit - is it bigger than the old 32? I remember that the cockpit in the old 32's were the same as the 27

What is the dry weight? Any plans for small blocks and if so will it still get into the 70+ range?

10x 02-11-2008 09:54 PM

Team Shogren, Thank you for the sneak pics of the new 33. Is that new boat gonna be about the same as the old 10 meters??
Maaannnnnn, I really, really like what they did in the cabin. That looks great. I'm just wonderin, if just maybe, I could sneak my 10 meter into your shop, and do a cabin swap, if anybody'd really notice??? Hint, Hint, Hint.....:signs069:

offshoresteve 02-11-2008 10:33 PM

That is an awsome 10 Meter.That thing has come along way since my1987 10 meter, twin 420`s 71mph with Reggie driving:D

live wire 02-12-2008 07:10 PM

Nice Cabin but the dash and the boat still look like that dude from high school class of 86' still sporting a MULLET hairdo.

tblrklakemo 02-12-2008 09:56 PM

nice boat...that engine compt looks real tight. I hope they made some noticable gains in useable space.

RaggedEdge 02-13-2008 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by live wire (Post 2443018)
Nice Cabin but the dash and the boat still look like that dude from high school class of 86' still sporting a MULLET hairdo.

Those of us who consider ourselves fortunate enough to own a Fountain happen to like them. As with any company, Fountain continues to offer products that are aimed at what their "buyers" are looking for. Based on their volume vs. the others, I would say there are quite a few "buyers" out here that do like what they are doing. Obviously you would not be a part of that group, but I'm sure they will appreciate the positive coment on the cabin styling.

live wire 02-13-2008 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge (Post 2443500)
Those of us who consider ourselves fortunate enough to own a Fountain happen to like them. As with any company, Fountain continues to offer products that are aimed at what their "buyers" are looking for. Based on their volume vs. the others, I would say there are quite a few "buyers" out here that do like what they are doing. Obviously you would not be a part of that group, but I'm sure they will appreciate the positive coment on the cabin styling.

I totally respect the all that Fountain has accomplished and has built boats that set the bar for all builders. And everyone is entiled to there own stlye of boat .Just my opinion, I think it is time for a make over. Even formula is keeping to there original classic lines but at the same time keeping up with the more modern styles .Enjoy your Fountain:D