Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What is the perfect boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/179951-what-perfect-boat.html)

Bottoms Up 02-15-2008 11:47 AM

What is the perfect boat?

Custom, production, one offs

What is your perfect boat? Now we are not talking about the high rollers or the the low guy on the pole . More a boat that you would save your pennies for, the boat of your dreams.

Similar to owning a bike and needing to have a Orange County Chopper or a custom bike.

Example's of existing builder's are good but let us me know about your dream boat.

Family needs, seating, power, graphics, theme's.

What keeps you awake at night?

Bill

Run_em_hard 02-15-2008 11:52 AM

The 40' Poker Run Advantage in the classifieds:evilb:

glassdave 02-15-2008 12:09 PM

I always thought the 400ss Formula would be about perfect or maybe a 50 Nortec V with big diesels. set up for comfort over speed.

seafordguy 02-15-2008 12:45 PM

Let's see....I would certainly want something longer

I like the lines of the cigs the best. Problem is it is hard to move up from a cafe racer and still find a boat with a Full Pleasure Cabin (not necessarily in love with the looks of the Revo), and all the others (Tiger, 42X, 42XP, RR, Mar.) don't have full cabins. SO....I think the next time I get another boat, which will coincidently coincide with me miraculously tripping over a garbage bag full of money, it would probably be a 50 Nortech SuperVee.....

Graphics/Color scheme would probabably be VERY simplistic - mostly white with some Silver, Blue and Black in the cockpit interior - and I would have a F$%ing Aluminum trailer.

BUT - that is SO FAR off that it has never once kept me up at night.

1badboy 02-15-2008 12:46 PM

American Spirit a 31 foot American Offshore with twin 502s. Owned by Art Dinicolantonio the owner of A.O. The boat is located in Seabrook, Texas and I've gone along many times. This carburated,supercharged CAT has times of 136mph radar. He ran a 26 foot single engine 1000mph A.O. that he sold to me in 2004. Both boats are my dream boats. Mine 1BADBOY is a 120mph that won fastest boat on lake trophy @ 114mph in bad water.

We raced a new Skater last summer in American Spirit and on the third lap hit 134. Won 2 of three losing only the first as the Skater did not allow us to get with 50 yds before hauling A--. Talk about perfect? Whooee!

f311fr1 02-15-2008 08:01 PM

Able to sleep two
Run over 80 MPH with efficent hull and twin stock power
AC in cabin
Vee bottom
Easy to tow
Oh my it is an Active Thunder 33

jhiguy377 02-15-2008 08:16 PM

47 Outerlimits

omerta one 02-15-2008 08:20 PM

The perfect boat is the one you want next.

NICKM 02-15-2008 08:24 PM

The perfect boat is:

1) a house boat

2) a 38ft go fast something or other

3) a wakeboard boat

4) a ski boat

5) maybe and I mean maybe a pwc

Personally I don't think the perfect boat that fits all needs exists. It would be great if it did! Save a lot of dough!

ImaPoser 02-15-2008 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by f311fr1 (Post 2447029)
Able to sleep two
Run over 80 MPH with efficent hull and twin stock power
AC in cabin
Vee bottom
Easy to tow

+
an enclosed head(wife's requirement)?
genny for the air for overnighting on the hook?

that would be getting pretty close for me.
In a dream world, more cockpit space. Something more social oriented for a cockpit layout for the family. Twin bolsters and a bench is a deal breaker for the reality that boating is a family hobby for me.