Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Surprised....no one is really talking about this new Drive (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/179961-surprised-no-one-really-talking-about-new-drive.html)

Bryan Rose 02-15-2008 12:52 PM

Surprised....no one is really talking about this new Drive

I would have figured people would be really talking about this new drive and what it , if it really is a direct replacement to the merc unit , means to the boating industry. Is it for real? Anyone know more about it? kind of shocking no one really knew anything before it was unvailed...... Oh by the way what ever happened to the Weisman Drive?

Bryan

glassdave 02-15-2008 01:01 PM

I have an e-mail into them to find out if it is a shiftable drive and does not require a trans. it is not specific on the website, lets hope so. Looks like a sweet piece although for the money i would still go Konrad.

Bryan Rose 02-15-2008 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2446554)

you outboard guys and your humor!!!!!!!:party-smiley-004:

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-15-2008 06:47 PM

Looks like a sweet piece although for the money i would still go ARNESON absolutely BULLETT PROOF ..... ask mark smith

Comanche3Six 02-15-2008 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158 (Post 2446955)
Looks like a sweet piece although for the money i would still go ARNESON absolutely BULLETT PROOF

yes

Strip Poker 388 02-15-2008 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave (Post 2446557)
I have an e-mail into them to find out if it is a shiftable drive and does not require a trans. it is not specific on the website, lets hope so. Looks like a sweet piece although for the money i would still go Konrad.

They said no trans. If its 25ish each like they say why not look at some used #6's off a doner boat$$$

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-15-2008 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 (Post 2446982)
They said no trans. If its 25ish each like they say why not look at some used #6's off a doner boat$$$

Now thats usin your N@@DLE rob , it will be interesting to see it on a lil heavier boat then a 20 ft single cat ... Are they in the classifieds or advertising with OSO beanish or just pumping them in the threads ... and they have 2,4,5 ,20 posts ... :cool-smiley-011:
ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

offshoredrillin 02-15-2008 07:12 PM

everyone is not doing the comparisons though. apples to apples , yep arnesons are bullet proof and the cost is relatively the same, with the exception that these will supposedly bolt right to the bravo gimble, and give the leeway to adjust your x dim. no redoing anything, no glass work, re measuring etc. it will be interesting to see. I think the asd's are cool, but its too much off and too far out the back for my personal taste, but the units are top notch. just like I dont like the love seat cockpits, personal preference.

another point, if this is true, the price of used 6's will drop like a rock.

Audiofn 02-16-2008 06:20 AM

Because a lot of boats will not fit the transmision. This would be no glass work or anything. Hopefully they will come out with a new gimbal ass. that is worthy of their drive.

Chris Sunkin 02-16-2008 07:05 AM

The Torque V-12 was going to revolutionize performance boating too.

Regardless of who's behind it or how well they're financed, if they're not selling the drives they probably won't hang.

I'm always skeptical of quantum leaps in technology and/or capabilities. It's hard to move even slightly forward of the existing state-of-the-art in anything. A drive that promises Bravo architecture and VII+ power handling capability certainly seems like a quantum leap to me.

I ordered Konrads based on their history and the fact that HP boating isn't their sole market- in fact, it isn't their primary market. Yet, I'm taking the chance that I might miss some on-water time at some point. Having thousands of dealers around the woirld is certainly a big Merc advantage.

I wish these guys well. It's nice to see one more company out there helping prevent boaters from experiencing the "boned by Mercruiser" experience.

The big question- when is Volvo Penta going to dive in to this market?