Need Pics of Scoops: and mounting

Notices

Need Pics of Scoops: and mounting

Old 02-17-2008, 02:09 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Need Pics of Scoops: and mounting

Just seeing who has a scoop on there engine hatch/sunpad ans how they are mounted looking for ideas and help on getting on my boat. I want to keep the sunpad and make it look like it was factory. Only im not sure exacally how to go about it. And info/pic is much appriciated
-Mike
Old 02-17-2008, 07:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

YOu can see mine in this photo a little. I really like the look. They are sleek and don't consume the pad so much. I think I posted a better picture in the Cigarette forum, you might want to search, but that was from a different computer and I don't have that picture with me.
Attached Thumbnails Need Pics of Scoops: and mounting-copy-cimg1201.jpg  
Old 02-17-2008, 07:48 AM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Just seeing who has a scoop on there engine hatch/sunpad ans how they are mounted looking for ideas and help on getting on my boat. I want to keep the sunpad and make it look like it was factory. Only im not sure exacally how to go about it. And info/pic is much appriciated
-Mike

This is a low profile Harwood type scoop mounted onto a former blower hole in my 21 Cig .... let's just say we used a little 3M 5200! It worked really well covering the big hole in the middle of the hatch vs. a goofy looking little pad.
Attached Thumbnails Need Pics of Scoops: and mounting-p8110096.jpg   Need Pics of Scoops: and mounting-p8110106.jpg   Need Pics of Scoops: and mounting-p8050064.jpg  

Old 02-17-2008, 08:25 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

heyn mike have an under side shot of that
Old 02-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Registered

-Mike
Go see Ernie's boat "BOXER". Right near you in Rehobeth. He has a nice fitting scoop.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Registered

Ill post a pic later - but on mine I removed the sun pad and then cut a hole through the hatch then cut through the ply wood in the padding and then cut and stapled the vinyl to make the hole. I looks great. Problem is keeping people off of it so it wont crack.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

I did a hatch and scoop project last winter . Local fiberglass guy made my scoops [ similar to a Harwood scoop ] that I cut down to be low profile . I've got stainless steel screens front & back to keep critters out .
Cut the holes in the deck to set the scoops inside and fastened them with a zillion screws , instead of using the flange . Added extra layers to the scoops to make them strong enough to even sit on . When I set the scoop in the holes , used filler to get rid of gaps , before finishing the deck with epoxy paint .

Last edited by spectras only; 02-17-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

heyn mike have an under side shot of that
I can post something next Tuesday .... I'm on a trip and my laptop doesn't have that shot .... here is the before pic ... big improvement!

Ditto on the "keep off" at least the one I had would have cracked if you stepped on it .... so you had to be careful when folks were hanging out on the engine hatch.

Stay tuned ...............
Attached Thumbnails Need Pics of Scoops: and mounting-cimg0663.jpg   Need Pics of Scoops: and mounting-cimg0682.jpg  
Old 02-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Yea im looking to do the same you did with th cig. i want to make the material look nice style and not hacked up like i just slapped a scoop on it an just let it go. On that formula do you have a pad or is it all fiberglass i want the pad also.
-Mike
Old 02-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Whats ernies name on the board boxer? If anyone knows let me know ill pm hiim to see it thanks Pete
-Mike

Quick Reply: Need Pics of Scoops: and mounting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.