Black Thunder Purchase Problems- FYI!

Notices

Black Thunder Purchase Problems- FYI!

Old 02-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by baywatch
Yikes, how do you put on two different drive ratios? That is scary you would think a small company like BT would have more attention to detail.

My first Apache 41 had the same delivery problem: 2 different drive ratios.

They thought there was a problem with the tachs. Changed them out, without solving the problem.

Perhaps, not an unusual mix-up.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About the drives being stamped wrong is true! I am the tech that found the problem. After numerous boat rides and checking everything else under the sun, I then cheked the ratio. Both were stamped the same. What I did was put both in gear and turned the engines over by hand with a wratchet. One turned further than the other. A costly mix up indeed!

Sorry to hear of your nightmare. If you keep the boat and still need service dont hesitate to call.

John Smith
Master Mercruiser Technician
JAWS Marine
410-354-9100

I hope you get all this straightened out. Nothing like not being happy at something that is supposed to bring happiness!
Old 02-18-2008, 06:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your issues with BT. They screwed me out of $16K before I walked away from this builder. I guess I got out cheap in comparison to the headaches you received.

This builder makes a lot of promises they will not keep. Go take a look at Nortech and find out how a customer should be taken care of!
Old 02-18-2008, 07:32 AM
Registered

My 1st comment would be why so much cash up front on a boat that is being built?

I definately think you should hire a good lawyer. Wonder if this falls under the triple damages situation with all legal fees paid.(sounds like lots to recoup...interest,insurance,slip fees,travel expenses,etc) In my younger days I had onna dem shady used carlots do something similiar(promised to fix stuff and didn't). Hired a lawyer and was award triple damages!
Old 02-18-2008, 08:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by waterboy222
. Everyone makes mistakes, its just how well they deal fixing them that determines their dedication to customers..
Yep- chit happens, it is how it is dealt with that matters.

Good job Pwrbt33- glad you are in my backyard!!
Old 02-18-2008, 09:04 AM
Registered

Sorry 2 hear of your situation! Seems like this marine industry could use some serious AZZ WHOOP'N at times. Have had my share of bad CHIT also along w/ lotz of other people 4 sure!!! Good luck, Wrink
Old 02-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

"jfnowli"

You would think that BT would do everything in there power to correct all issues immediately for their customer. By doing very little or nothing for you would be a big WARNING SIGN to any other potential customer's in the future. I would like to see BT address these issue's that have surfaced on the OSO Forum. I feel sorry for you and to what you have had to go through purchasing a new bout. BT what's your side of the story.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

It is very unfortunate, its a great looking boat. I know they did have truck troubles that week. Not taking up for anyone. They even had troubles when we put the boat in the water and it would barely pull out of the ramp! Well, like I said if there is anything at all I can help you with feel free to call.

John Smith
Old 02-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer 880
Sorry to hear about your issues with BT. They screwed me out of $16K before I walked away from this builder. I guess I got out cheap in comparison to the headaches you received.

This builder makes a lot of promises they will not keep. Go take a look at Nortech and find out how a customer should be taken care of!

Scott,

you are bringing up old memories (Some Good some not so good)

How are you and Allison doing ??

I miss hanging out with ya
Old 02-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Registered

Only one BT boat in my area of Clear Lake Texas that I know of located on Taylor Lake. My town home is on Clear Lake and I see the boat cruise occasionally but have not met owner. Beautiful boat and appeared in late 2006. Never observed it over about 50mph but I thought BT was a quality company. Of course one such ordeal does not mean company is screwy but sure is a blemish. Thanks for the info and hope things get better. Steve

Quick Reply: Black Thunder Purchase Problems- FYI!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.