Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Vermont to Florida with the Cig (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/180126-vermont-florida-cig.html)

GLH 02-18-2008 02:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
In preparation for the trip we had Bob at Vermont Home and Marine go through the rig and the trailer… Basic…

-Check & Service Oils of Engines 2x, Transmissions 2x, Blowers 2x, Drives 2x
-Check & Service Filters Oil 2x, Fuel 2x, Drives 2x
-Check & Services Bilge Pumps 3x
-Put Props 2x back on
-Check & Service Trailer Lights, Brakes, Tires, Brake Lines, Brake Fluids, Wiring…

And we dealt with….
-Check & Service on the Truck Oil Filters, Oil Levels Transmission and Engine, Break Fluids, Breaks, Tire Pressure and threads, New wipers…
-Brought 20 Gallons of winterizing Fluids, 4 Gallons of Engine Oil for the boat, 48 Spark Plugs, 5 Gallons of Windshield washer fluids, 140 gallons of Diesel Fuel, About 40 beers in the cooler (this reminds me I have to get a bucket of Kettle One Vodka..),bunch of DVD’s Some tunes but we rely on XM mostly.
-Brought three Cell Phones, One Lap top, Two GPS (truck & Boat), two digital cameras, enough clothes for three years and all the crap I am forgetting…

I am sure Jeremy brought some Boxing Gloves … he’s a single happy go lucky kind of guy but that’s none of my business…..

Also we took the Donkey D!cks off for the trip... . We're straight piping it with the 5" headers out the transom... Trying to make friends as usual...Can't wait to run...

GLH 02-18-2008 02:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by XPRESS 33PP (Post 2449621)
Our you planning on driving non stop? How far do you expect to make it today? Sounds like alot of fun, wish I was towing mine down with you. Maybe next year.

We'll see how we feel but we'll go till we are too tired.

From the trips I have done before sometimes we manage to go straight through some times we stop for a catnap... But the idea is to get there!.

We're booked at Bahia Cabana Wednesday& Thursday waiting for the rest of the crew flying in.

Merging on 81 in Bringhamton NY

Just passed into PA on 81.....

GLH 02-18-2008 02:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2449626)
I request while in MD to please keep your eyes on the road vs keyboard..

What is the tank for- save from pulling in to stations or to get a lot when find it cheap or use off road diesel or ____?

Typing only when I am not driving....

Extra Tank---Filled up cheap initially and we'll load up in the Carolinas where it is cheaper... Need 240 Gallons for the boat also....

GLH 02-18-2008 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by 38flatdeck (Post 2449629)
how long will you down fl. ?

Next Monday

GLH 02-18-2008 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Son of a Gun (Post 2449646)
Is the boat dirty yet? :D

Are the Kennedy's gun shy? :D

GLH 02-18-2008 02:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 2449651)
You doing the Thursday or Friday run?

Friday...

Just saw some dudes with snowmobile trailers they looked at us funny!

GLH 02-18-2008 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by 1bagger (Post 2449658)
A little salt primer for when you get there ?
Oh yeah as for a request , turn around and come back for me.I want to go with you instead of working in this chit weather up here .
Paul

Grab a flight to Dulles we'll pick you up around 11 PM!!!!!

Hauling Trash 02-18-2008 02:32 PM

Good Luck ,,,,,,,, Have Fun

Mike

Perlmudder 02-18-2008 03:04 PM

are you using a broadband card for internet? or something else?

thats awesome that you are towing down for the pokerrun and keeping a journal of it!

Perlmudder 02-18-2008 03:05 PM

makes me jealous even though im off this week for spring break!