Notices

Konrad outdrives

Old 02-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Konrad outdrives

I have a 24ft v bottom boat that i'm replacing the outdrive with a new konrad 540. I had a right hand rotation trs and ordered a right hand rotation Konrad. I ended up with a left hand Konrad 540. The dealer who i bought the drive from is no longer around and Konrad said they will make it a right hand drive at no cost to me except shipping. A friend said he had heard that left hand drives on single engine boats are sometimes faster. Has anyone ever experimented with a left or right hand rotation drive on a single engine v bottom?
Old 02-21-2008, 08:37 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Dont know much about the rotation thing other than its whatever works on your particular boat. As a side note, way to go Konrad for taking care of the customer. Good job guys.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 02-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Not faster, stronger, on some drives. I think that is the case with Konrad as well. Biggus should be almost home now from Miami. I am sure he will fill you in tomorrow.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A friend had a left hand Bravo on a 28 Active Thunder. It ran just fine. I'm not sure why it was setup that way.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Registered

I have been talking with Pete at Konrad and he has been great to deal with. The drive has not been installed on the boat yet and they can replace the prop shaft and some bearings and reuse the oil since its never been run yet. I'm just trying to figure out if it would be faster or any advantages on left hand rotation. The hull is close to a 24 pantera or 24 PD.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Monza SS 24
I have a 24ft v bottom boat that i'm replacing the outdrive with a new konrad 540. I had a right hand rotation trs and ordered a right hand rotation Konrad. I ended up with a left hand Konrad 540. The dealer who i bought the drive from is no longer around and Konrad said they will make it a right hand drive at no cost to me except shipping. A friend said he had heard that left hand drives on single engine boats are sometimes faster. Has anyone ever experimented with a left or right hand rotation drive on a single engine v bottom?
Wait a minute...you ordered a right hand and received a left hand...they said that they would make it a right hand if you paid for the shipping...

Maybe I'm wrong but it seams to me that your still getting the left hand shaft.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm
Wait a minute...you ordered a right hand and received a left hand...they said that they would make it a right hand if you paid for the shipping...

Thats exactly the first thing that ran through my head. I spend xx thousands of dollars and I have to return the drive on my dime??? thats exceptional service.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

There could be an issue with the torque on your steering from a right hand to left hand rotation and with the engine turning the same rotation as the drive. Maybe someone can shed some light on this issue.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My Scarab would torque over real bad to the left up to about 80, Maybe a LH would of counter acted it?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:50 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm

My guess is that the dealer ordered the wrong drive, not Konrad sending out the wrong drive.

As for the left Vs. Right deal, is there a way that you can get a left hand TRS to test? See how it is goes..... Then make up your mind what drive you want.

Quick Reply: Konrad outdrives

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.