If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Never Enuff Gold Member
    Cedar Creek, Texas
    I started receiving my SS last year and I'm still out on the water every chance I get. Love poker runs and meeting new friends on the water. Jacksonville last year was the "biggest" run so far(thanks Dock). We trailer to 5 or 6 runs every year.

Offshoreonly Advertiser Offshoreonly Advertiser Mbam's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1972 Cigarette 36 race
    Pompano Beach FL, USA
    Still at it, yes I agree youth is without question wasted on the young

My Boats:
    353 with Prochargers
    1953 .. you do the math ............

My Boats:
    1990 Cigarette Bullet
    Austin, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by offthefront View Post
    1953 .. you do the math ............
    I will need a super computer!

Crazy Energy Platinum Member Velocity Vector's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Old Skool 35' Ocean Express Cat 1700 HP
    Oklahoma God's country no one else wants it.
    I'm a 1956 model. Can't remember a whole lot about it but here's a few things from 1956 to remember.

Elvis Presley records "Heartbreak Hotel."

First "Dear Abby" column appears in newspapers.

Ernie Terrell becomes the WBA world heavyweight champion, beating Eddie Machen.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average closes above 500 for the first time (500.24)

Videotape is first demonstrated at the 1956 NARTB (now NAB) convention in Chicago, Illinois. It was the demonstation of the first practical and commercially successful format called 2" Quadruplex.

Elvis Presley's song "Heartbreak Hotel" becomes the "King's" first song to reach the top of the Cash Box magazine

Elvis Presley makes his first appearance in Las Vegas, Nevada

The polio vaccine developed by Jonas Salk is made available to the public.

Elvis Presley introduces his new single, Hound Dog, on The Milton Berle Show, scandalizing the audience with his suggestive hip movements.

Elvis Presley appears on The Ed Sullivan Show for the first time.

New York Yankees baseball pitcher Don Larsen pitches first (and only) perfect game in World Series history in Game 5 of the 1956 World Series.

The Wizard of Oz is shown on television for the first time, with a viewing audience estimated at 45 million people.

The first film starring Elvis Presley, Love Me Tender, opens.

My Boats:
    1988 Fountain 8.8
    Cape Coral
    moving in on the double nickel in six months, man do I feel old. Was reminded of my age when we completed the moving from one house to another this past weekend, very little has been put away proper, but at least all is here except the boat and jet ski's. just too damn tired to go get the trailer for the ski's cause the hoists have to be moved first, and the wiring for the dock has to be completed. New tennants don't have offshore boat or skis so they can sit there until this week end.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Wildman1's Avatar
    My Boats:
    99 Powerquest 380 Avenger 500EFI HP
    Cold Spring, Ky./Cape Coral,Fl.
    I belong to the AARP Club since 2004. I have been Offshoring it since 1999 and before that I had three different boats. I am currently interviewing for a new mistress. I have my financial statement stuck to my forehead so all the blondes can see. If you know of any frustrated housewives or single girls like Clay's,claymates send them to me for a interview. Thirty-five and up. Don't need any airheads they show up just by accident.

My Boats:
    sold the 382 now it's a 2000 260 ss
    58!!! I can't be the oldest guy here can I???

Deland, Florida
    52 here. If I'd known I'd live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.

My Boats:
    '06 35 Lightning Merc HP 525's aka The Black Biotch
    Northern NY
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmic12 View Post
    yup I went past that a couple years back, I think, the ole memory isn't what it used to be.

Just turned 55 mid November. Was having this conversation with a close friend, also 55, this past weekend. Seems we both find note pads have become handier over the past few years.

Age does have some advantages, as I left with the marina after having made the deal for this boat, couple days before the 55th, I turned to my gf, smiled, and said "Happy F'N Birthday To Me" I'm thinking a 42 for the 60th, maybe squeeze a 38 in there someplace. I like this second childhood chit.
    Last edited by RaggedEdge; 02-27-2008 at 01:31 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast