Notices

Ilmor 710

Old 03-04-2008, 08:04 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NASCAT
My understanding is that Ilmor hasn't received engine #1 back yet for a rebuild (or any of the early sale engines for that matter). Still going strong @ 450hrs!!
if 1 and 2 were in the 32 skater that big thunder did, then they were rebuilt (locally not ilmor) in '06 i think... threw a rod i believe.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Registered

http://media.putfile.com/32-Skater-wIlmor-550s--115MPH

I think this is 1 and 2..........
Old 03-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Southocg
Twins with 450hrs? That's pretty good. That's better then I figured they'd go.
At the end of the day I think both Ilmor & Merc's packages are good values. Currently Merc has the edge w/ the ability to offer a complete package where Ilmor is having to partner up w/ Teague or IMCO.

I've driven an Ilmor 710 Skater & ridden in a Donzi 38 ZR w/ the Merc pkg. There's no doubt the Merc pkg is sweet, I opt for Ilmor b/c I dare to be different, know the Ilmor / Penske Racing reputation & am a stickler for top notch service. Where Ilmor may lack in years of marine experience I assure you they mack up for it in cutting edge technology.

Although the Ilmor drive maybe 2yrs behind the NXT it's closer to a #6 by comparison & will be offered as a retro fit replacing a bravo. Currently the NXT is only available as a package. I know there are OSO advertisers offering the NXT drive only but I've yet to see one mated to ANYTHING other than a Merc 700.

PS- be on the lookout for the Ilmor 1000!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Registered

.................haha
Old 03-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Registered

ID,

You and I might as well just switch jobs / careers as much as we are in each others business! LOL!
Old 03-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean H
if 1 and 2 were in the 32 skater that big thunder did, then they were rebuilt (locally not ilmor) in '06 i think... threw a rod i believe.
You be right, as im not 100% sure what the status of that package is. I know we have MANY engines in service with zero issues.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Registered

ID,

You and I might as well just switch jobs / careers as much as we are in each others business! LOL!
I'd love too!! but my girl, probly not so much......She's down to move to NC if I choose too........so she says
Old 03-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

At the end of the day I think both Ilmor & Merc's packages are good values. Currently Merc has the edge w/ the ability to offer a complete package where Ilmor is having to partner up w/ Teague or IMCO.

I've driven an Ilmor 710 Skater & ridden in a Donzi 38 ZR w/ the Merc pkg. There's no doubt the Merc pkg is sweet, I opt for Ilmor b/c I dare to be different, know the Ilmor / Penske Racing reputation & am a stickler for top notch service. Where Ilmor may lack in years of marine experience I assure you they mack up for it in cutting edge technology.

Although the Ilmor drive maybe 2yrs behind the NXT it's closer to a #6 by comparison & will be offered as a retro fit replacing a bravo. Currently the NXT is only available as a package. I know there are OSO advertisers offering the NXT drive only but I've yet to see one mated to ANYTHING other than a Merc 700.

PS- be on the lookout for the Ilmor 1000!!!

To much speculation on this thread, still waiting to see who has over 200 hours with out a rebuild....and the drive issue to say that it will be more in comparision to a #6, vs the NXT, where is the data to support this as well..Thank You. Jeff
Old 03-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jassman
To much speculation on this thread, still waiting to see who has over 200 hours with out a rebuild....and the drive issue to say that it will be more in comparision to a #6, vs the NXT, where is the data to support this as well..Thank You. Jeff
Jassman,

No data is available to the public on something that hasn't been officially announced or released. Those of us that are close to Ilmor & the development of the drive are in the know & are simply sharing the intel w/ you.

I have no personal gain in the release of the drive so why would I lie?? You could always call yourself & ask!

200 hrs might be a stretch for the 710's that have barely been out over a year. I'm sure there are 550's or 625's as i have 118 on mine in 1 1/2 short boating seasons.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Jassman,

No data is available to the public on something that hasn't been officially announced or released. Those of us that are close to Ilmor & the development of the drive are in the know & are simply sharing the intel w/ you.

I have no personal gain in the release of the drive so why would I lie?? You could always call yourself & ask!

200 hrs might be a stretch for the 710's that have barely been out over a year. I'm sure there are 550's or 625's as i have 118 on mine in 1 1/2 short boating seasons.

118 hours is great..my point is what was mentioned in a earlier post...As much as we all or some of us like these motors, you guys should not be quoting 500 hours between builds, thats all. I like these motors but like everything time will tell. The Ilmor service center in our area is a joke..Ive had previos dealings with them and it amazes me how they became a dealer..Good luck with these motors..Keep us informed. Thanks jeff

Quick Reply: Ilmor 710

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.